Can You Feel The Love Tonight? (Prinxiety)

I'm not even linking the song up there because everyone should know it...
REQUESTED BY: _THE_LION_QUEEN
Thanks!! This is gonna be a little short so sorry for that and... HUMAN AU
TRIGGER: mention of self harm and suicidal thoughts *very brief*

"I can see what's happening!"
"Roman don't start this now."

Roman McKnight was known to break out in song at the most random moments, like now, in the middle of a park.
"And they don't have a clue!" Roman kept singing, completely ignoring his embarrassed boyfriend.
Virgil blushed even deeper, fully knowing who 'they' were.
Virgil Moore had dealt with Romans random outbursts of song for about two years. Even on their first date, Roman took Virgil to a karaoke bar after dinner. And this would be cute, except for the fact that instead of a cute little love song, he sang a one man show of Wicked in its entirety. That's when Virgil knew this relationship was going to last.

But, however used as  he is to Roman singing, his embarrassment was always high when this happened.

The reason Roman does this, other than the fact that he loves to sing, is because he loves to make his boyfriend smile and blush, and singing love songs whenever and wherever is the perfect way to do so.
"They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line," Roman stopped for no one. Not Virgils slight begs, not the random stares from passerby's, not the obnoxious pigeons looking for food that will eventually kill them.
"Our tríos down to two." He motioned to the two of them and one of the pigeons.
"The sweet caress of twilight!" Roman gestured to the sky, despite it being noon and quite sunny.
"There's magic everywhere," he just kept going, twirling around the area they were having a picnic.
"And with all this romantic atmosphere," Roman stopped singing quickly to plant a small but sweet kiss on his boyfriends lips.
Smiling, Virgil played along.
"Disaster's in the air!" He sang quietly.
"Can you feel the love tonight?" The two sang together, not quite harmonizing but still sounding remotely okay.
Roman grabbed Virgils arms and they began to slow dance as best they could in the grass.
"The peace the evening brings," this song was not fitting for the times of day, to say the least.
"The world for once, in perfect harmony, with all its living things." Roman spun his boyfriend and Virgil came turning into him, causing him to momentarily lose balance and laugh it off.
"So many things to tell him, but how to make him see... the truth about my past? Impossible. He'd turn away from me." Virgil sang Simba's part. That part of the song did hit close to home. Virgil grew up in a tough position. His parents were never making enough money, and were wildly homophobic. So much that Virgil would cut his wrists and consider suicide to try and 'get the gay out of him'. He was outed, and disowned. In the beginning of his relationship with Roman, Virgil never opened up, until one day where he just cracked.
"He's holding back, he's hiding. But what I can't decide... why won't he be the king I know he is? The king I see inside?" The line Roman sang resonated with them as well. Virgil was a very anxious and shy person. He would rarely open up, out of fear it will blow up in his face. But since they met, Roman wanted to know everything about Virgil, and Virgil felt as though he could open up. Even though Virgil did have maybe one or two secrets, Roman was okay because he knows that Virgil will tell him at some point. Virgil felt he could share with his boyfriend without fear of criticism or comparison to others (except when Roman would compare him to the dog to show that dogs are better than humans, but that's different). He was Virgils night in shining armor, but mostly only alone.
"Can you feel the love tonight?" They finished singing the song.
They got closer and closer together, until Virgil just exclaimed "kiss me ya dork."
Roman did as he was told, passionately kissed his boyfriend and sprawled out on the grass.
Stealing kisses and laughing, they watched the clouds, trying to find shapes. One was being more creative than the other, one seeing a vague animal shape and the other seeing a dragon.
"I love you Ro, even with your songs. Please never change." Virgil said out of nowhere.
"I love you too Virge." Roman croaked out, tears in his eyes.

A/N
Ok yes, it's been a hot minute and yes, this was freakin short but I loved this idea and wanted to do it so badly so... here we are. Request:

Thanks so much, Lion queen

Thanks so much, Lion queen. And thank you everyone else for your patience. Love you all 😘
_ Brynlee