One for the road (broken anxiet)

Yes. VirgilXDeceit. And angst. WHO AM I???? But, as the title says, this is broken anxiet, which means it was not a successful relationship. Enjoy a one shot inspired one of the best dodie songs THAT ISNT ON ITUNES!!!!!

Virgil ran home, tears pouring down his face.
He expected Damien to move on, but two days after they broke up is a little soon.
He locked himself in his room, even though he was the only one home, all of his roommates were out.
He picked up his ukulele and furiously began strumming.
"Well you moved on ridiculously quick,"
He was walking past the coffee shop on a rainy day and saw a familiar beanie in the corner of his eye. His boyfriend- no. Ex boyfriend was in said coffee shop. But he wasn't just there, he was there with someone else. A girl. And they weren't just sitting there, they were making out.

"So much for hopeless romantic."

"Im hopelessly in love." Damien had said, making Virgil smile. He really thought he was the one. He said he was in love, and Virgil believed him, for 3 years. Looking back, Virgil realized his mistake about what to trust.

"What a liar. What a liar."

Virgil had known he used to be a compulsive liar. But Damien had talked about that in past tense. Then, it was very present tense.

"Don't get me wrong I'm happy you found, someone else to screw around."

Standing there, watching this girl make out with the man who had been in a relationship three days prior, he almost felt bad. She was about to be crushed, like Virgil was. That's what he does. He convinces people that he's a good person, and lets them figure out how wrong that statement is.

"What a liar. What a lair."

"You are my one and only."
"I will never leave you."
"We are going to get married one day."
"I will never love anyone else but you."
Virgil believed these lies, was saved by these lies and returned the feelings behind these lies.

"Just goes to show I'm better off without you."

"Im better off without him." Virgil then became the liar. He tried to make himself believe it, but he was stuck on Damien like glue.
The eyes he had fallen in love with turned to him, and recognized him.

"One for the road and maybe how about you."

One last look at his ex, someone he'd never had before. The eyes that he once saw love in now looked at him with hate. Damien had stood up. Virgil took his last look and started running.

"Leave me alone!"

He was running and heard "VIRGIL!"
He turned to see a man of lies.
"Leave me alone." Virgil yelled, voice cracking.
"It's not what it looks like!" Damien yelled, rain still pouring.
"Really? Cause it looks like two people eating each other's faces." Virgil retorted.
It looked like Damien was trying to say something, but no sound came out.
"Girlfriend got your tongue?" Virgil yelled.
"Don't run. You have no one to run to." Damien sneered.

"Cause I'm not alone,"

He then remembered his friends, the people he could trust and began running again. He ran and ran, back to his apartment.
His empty apartment. Patton and Logan were on a trip for their anniversary and Roman was at work.