Nail Polish (prinxiety)

Human and Adult AU. Requested by @Explainthatcode
"You have a kid?" Virgil yelling those words seemed so far in the past.
Roman and Virgil were dating, and have been for about 8 months.
On their 4th date, Roman dropped the news that he had a child.
"I was young, and I thought I loved this woman. In my eyes, she was perfect. I lost my virginity to her at 16. We were young and stupid and I got her pregnant. Then, she had the baby and left. She abandoned me and this sweet little girl who was days old. She takes Sawyer a couple times a month but mainly I live with my pride and joy." Roman said uncomfortably on this date a while ago. He did not expect to be telling Virgil all that on the fourth date but he felt as though he could really open up to him.
But now Virgil was standing outside of Romans house, about to meet his daughter.
All Virgil knew was that her name was Sawyer, she was 11 years old and she loved Harry Potter.
Virgil took another deep breath and knocked on the door. He was incredibly nervous. He was almost convinced the kid would hate him. I mean, it's her dads boyfriend.
Roman answered almost immediately.
He looked beautiful, Virgil thought. Well, to be fair, Virgil thought Roman always looked good but especially now.
He was wearing a pair of jeans and a dark maroon colored button up.
Virgil walked into Romans house, not for the first time.
The table was set for 3. In the middle of the table was a large assortment of foods. Vegetables, salsa, avocado, cream cheese, shredded cheese, cod and salmon.
"I hope you like fish tacos." Roman smiled.
"I do. A lot." Virgil replied. Who doesn't love fish tacos?
"Sawyer! Come for dinner!" Roman yelled up the stairs.
"Coming!"
She yelled back.
A minute later, a girl with long dirty blonde hair and Romans eyes hopped down the stairs.
"Hi! Im Virgil! You must be Sawyer! Your dad has told me a lot about you." He introduced himself, trying his hardest to not be awkward.
"Hi." She said, a bit monotone before sitting down.
"Well, dig in!" Roman exclaimed, trying to break the awkwardness but not really doing anything.
"So, your dad says you love Harry Potter!" Virgil tried to bring up a topic, anxiety shooting up.
"Yeah." Sawyer replied before assembling a taco.
"I love Harry Potter too. Your father doesn't think it's okay that I don't have a Hogwarts house but I think he's seen past it." Virgil smiled, making Roman and Sawyer laugh.
That was, and still is, one of the biggest arguments that Romans and Virgil have.
"I'm a Ravenclaw. I took the Pottermore test before we went to Harry Potter World. I made dad take it too before he even read the books and he had no idea what anything meant so I spent a good portion of time explaining it." Sawyer said, clearly heaving a bit of a better time.
"I heard he's a Slytherin. I took the test and I was a Ravenclaw. I don't know why but I just don't completely identify with any house." Virgil shrugged before adding "But isn't Harry Potter world the best? Its so fun!"
"I love it so much. I want to go back so badly. I even got a wand but now I want another one because I saw the most beautiful wand that I didn't see when I was there originally." Sawyer said, a bit bummed about the wand.
"Which one? I got two while I was there because I just couldn't choose. But only one was interactive." Virgil explained, smiling before taking a bite of this first taco.
Which was delicious, by the way.
"I got Hermione's but the one I really love is Sirius's. Its so pretty and intricate. I love the runes on it." Sawyer laughed.
Virgil got very excited and rolled up his shirt sleeve. On his arm was a number of tattoos, including one down the side of his wrist of the runes on Sirius Blacks wand.
"I agree." He said.
"Oh my gosh. That's so cool." She laughed.
The rest of dinner went by incredibly well, with more talk of Harry Potter and tattoos.
Once they all finished, the three brought their dishes into the kitchen.
"Sawyer! Why don't you show Virgil your room?" Roman asked, loving how his boyfriend and daughter were getting along.
"Sure!" Sawyer exclaimed, running upstairs.
Virgil followed closely behind.
She opened her door, and inside was a Harry Potter themed bedroom.
"Oh my god. This is amazing." Virgil smiled. His anxiety calmed down a bunch.
"Thanks. When we moved in here, dad asked how I wanted my room to be done and I wanted it Harry Potter themed. I think he did pretty well." Sawyer laughed.
The two sat down on her bed.
Sawyer then noticed Virgil's nails. They were painted black with his ring finger white.
"Your nails are really cool! I love nail polish but dad can't paint nails for the life of him. He's tried a lot but it doesn't work." She said, trying to cover her unpolished nails.
"I can paint them, if you want me to." Virgil suggested.
"Really? You would?" Her eyes widened.
"Of course! As long as you have nail polish." He responded, glad he could make this adorable little girl happy.
"I have a bunch!" She went over and grabbed a basket of different nail polish.
"What color do you want?" Virgil asked, looking through all of the different colors.
"Purple!" Sawyer grabbed a bottle of violet nail polish.
"I love purple!" Virgil exclaimed, grabbing top coat and opening the bottles.
He painted her nails in silence until Sawyer blurted out
"Do you think it's weird that my parents aren't together?"
"Not at all!" Virgil responded.
"Sometimes kids are mean to me about that. And the fact that my dad is gay."
Hearing that broke Virgil's heart. And it sounded quite familiar.
"Well, when i was younger, I got bullied because I have two moms and no dad."
"Really?" Her eyes lit up as she realized she's not alone.
"Yeah. I never knew my dad. Growing up is tough, especially with people being mean but I promise you're okay. And hey, if your dad and I keep dating, you can always talk to me." Virgil suggested.
"Can you and dad get married?" She asked.
Virgil laughed and said "We'll see."

~ 5 years later ~

"I was 11 years old when I first met Virgil. At first, I thought it was weird. My dad brought home a boy, which I thought was the kids job. But then Virgil made the wonderful decision to bring up Harry Potter. Soon enough, dinner ended and we made our way up to my room. I noticed Virgil's nails, that are always painted to perfection. He ended up painting my nails because as most of us know, my dad can't paint nails for sh**. Love you dad. I ended up telling him that I got made fun of for my parents not being together and for my dad being gay. Virgil looked me right in the eye and told me that the same thing happened to him, he got bullied for having two moms. This was the first time I ever knew someone I could relate to about that. He told me that I could always come to him. And trust me when I tell you, I took him up on that offer. But that night I asked if Virgil and my dad could get married. 11 year old me, you called it." Sawyer gave her maid of honor speech at her fathers wedding.
A/N
Ayyyyyyy requested chapter. Thank you @Explainthatcode for the awesome request. I kind of love the idea of Roman being a father and Virgil being the supreme step dad. Who knows, maybe I'll bring Sawyer back another day. Would you guys want to see her back for another one shot? Let me know. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. This was incredibly fun to write.
Thank you all for being awesome and FOR NINETEEN THOUSAND!! Woooo.
Here's the request:

Bye💕
~ Brynlee