Do the project (Prinxiety)

Requested by the amazingly kind @Maria_Dawncaller

"Alright students. We have a partner project that we are going to be starting today! Its on influential people of the 21st century, anywhere in the world " The History teacher announced.
Most kids got incredibly excited to have partner work.
Not Virgil. Not lonely, friendless, anxious Virgil.
"The project will be 6 weeks long. You will have to work outside of school for this, so be prepared!" She said.
Most students were okay with that! Its just their friends at their house!
"And I will be choosing your partners." She added.
Pretty much the entire classroom groaned when she said that.
Forced Partners is the worst.
"Alright! Lets get into partners!" The teacher exclaimed, way too cheery as she pulled up the list of partners.
She read off names, some people with their friends, even.
"Remy and Emile. Virgil and Roman." She listed.
Sadly, Virgil was not as lucky.
He was working with Roman McKnight. Roman was popular, and athletic and talented.
Definitely Virgils polar opposite.
Romans POV:
When I first heard that I was working with 'Virgil', I had absolutely no idea who he was, to be honest.
But then I saw him.
The kid I, Roman McKnight, has to work with is this emo kid.
I'll bet he doesn't talk to me, he won't do any work and of course he'll be super weird. I mean, he sits in the back of the classroom and never talks in class.
How much weirder can it get?
But, we aren't allowed to switch partners unless it's a real, legit and huge issue.
"Hello, Im Roman! You must be Virgil!" I tried to be excited as I reached his desk.
"Hi." He looked up at me.
In that moment, my heart might have stopped.
He was beautiful.
His eyes were a gorgeous shade of brown and I kid you not, they sparkled.
His purple hair was a bit grown out and I could only see his bangs, because of his hood.
But his nose was adorable and his mouth was so perfect. If he never had braces for those perfect teeth, im going to be pissed. Because that isn't fair.
I sat down beside him.
"So, who do you want to do the project on?" I asked, expecting so weird answer or someone I've never heard of, but he just went
"Someone who people know of, but don't know about. Like people know who RBG and those people are, but they don't really know them know them."
That was actually a really smart idea...
"So, how about we each pick one, and we'll decide from those two!" I said.
He smiled a little bit and nodded.
This boy will be the death of me.
I wrote down Emma Gonzales. She was one of the survivors of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas school shooting and now is an activist for gun control.
"Do you have yours?" Virgil asked quietly.
"Yes!" I exclaimed.
"You go first." He said.
"I chose Emma Gonzales." I told him.
"The gun control activist!" He exclaimed.
"Who did you choose?" I asked, curious to find out if his person was super weird or not.
"Well, I picked Emma Watson. She's really powerful and iconic so I thought of her." He mumbled.
Emma Watson won. And I love her.
He began planning the things to look up and how our poster is going to look before class ended.
"Oh wait! We have to do some of this work on our free time! Here, I'll give you my number and we'll arrange a date." I said.
"Umm. Ok." He responded.
I scribbled my number on a sticky note and we left class.
He texted me later that day.
Virgil: we should probably get together to work soon. We only have 5 weeks.
Me: yea. But who's house?
Virgil: we could do it at mine, I guess. But there's just one condition.
Me: what is it? And your house works.
Virgil: So, uh. I have two moms. Does that make you uncomfortable?
Me: are you serious??
Virgil: im sorry. Im weird and an idiot.
Me: dude. Im gay as hell.
Virgil: wait same tho.....
Me: sweeeeet. Ur house it is (and I'm sorry, but your gaydar is really bad)
Virgil: im not taking offense to that.

He proceeded to send me his address and we said goodbye.

After I finished the rest of my homework, I got ready for bed.
I put on fleece pajamas pants, a giant t-shirt and slippers.
I went to the bathroom and combed my hair, brushed my teeth and took out my contacts.
Once they were out, I couldn't see jack squat.
I stumbled my way back to my room and put on my glasses.
Finally, sight.
I sat on my phone for a little bit and went to sleep.