Pride (prinxiety and logicality)

How could I not make a pride month one shot? Also: college AU

"ITS FREAKING PRIDE MONTH!" Roman screamed.
"ROMAN MCKNIGHT I WILL KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS!" His roommate and boyfriend, Virgil, yelled back.
It was 3 in the morning on June first. Roman woke up in a cold sweat realizing it was pride month, and also scaring the living daylights out of his boyfriend.
When it's pride month, Roman will go all out.
"We have to decorate!" He squealed, getting up.
"Not at 3 am, we're not." Virgil pulled Roman back down.
The boys were in their junior year in college. They met in their freshman year of high school and have dated since sophomore year.
When Roman and Virgil met, Virgil was in the closet with large self inflicted scars all over his body. Roman was out and very proud of his bisexuality.
Virgil saw Roman as what he wanted to be like. Out, happy, and healthy.
The two were drawn to each other from the get go. Neither had any idea why but you know what they say, opposites attract.
After being friends for a year, Virgil came out to Roman. He was the first person Virgil came out to and we'll just say, it was quite anticlimactic.
It was pretty much just "I'm gay."
"Yeah, so?"
And Virgil thought he could do it, and came out to his parents.
That went over completely differently.
That didn't result in a shrug, but in Virgil's disownment.
His parents flipped out. Completely lost it. They told Virgil to get what he needed and leave, or they'd hurt him.
He grabbed a backpack, some clothes, his stuffed animal, his phone, a charger, headphones and ran.
He ran to the only place he could think of.
Roman McKnights house.
Now, 7 years later, the two boys were still together.
"Can we please decorate?" Roman whined, thinking he was already going to be late to deck out the apartment in rainbows if he waits any longer.
"No! It's three in the f***ing morning." Virgil tried to talk some sense into his imaginative boyfriend.
"Target and Party City are still open..." Roman tried.
"You aren't going to back down, are you?" Virgil sighed, knowing the answer.
"No I won't." Roman puffed out his chest.
"Fine. Im already awake anyway." His boyfriend got out of bed and groaned.
To say that Roman celebrated his 'victory' is an understatement.
The two didn't bother to change out of their pajamas. But Roman did put on his sweatshirt printed with the bi flag across the entire thing.
Roman sensed Virgil was not living his best life in the car to Target so he did what he had to do.
He blasted, and I mean blasted, Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time. And then Nearly Witches, and then Victorious, and then I Write Sins Not Tragedies until they were at Target.
Needless to say, Virgil was in a better mood by the time they walked into Target.
Right away, the dollar section had a large assortment of small handheld pride flags, of all different sexualities, which Roman took the responsibility of getting 4 bisexual flags and 4 homosexual flags.
"Do we really need four of each?" Virgil asked, shaking his head.
"What? Its only eight bucks." Roman smiled, and kept going.
"VIRGIL! I FOUND THE PERFECT SHIRT!" Roman yelled through the store.
Virgil silently thanked everyone that they were the only customers in Target at 3 am, not that he expected other people to be shopping then.
He found his boyfriend holding a off white colored shirt that said 'Born This Gay' on it.
"Oh my god. How can I not buy that?" Virgil grinned, throwing the shirt into the cart.
"Also, I found this." Roman held up a rainbow shirt that said 'Yasss Queen' on it.
"I feel as though Jonathan Van Ness should own this but I'll get it in honor of him." Roman laughed, adding the shirt to the very colorful pile in the cart.
"Babe! Look!" Roman pointed to a whole section of rainbow.
"I need this." He found his size of a unisex rainbow romper.
"You don't need that." Virgil laughed at his boyfriend who he swore was attracted to rainbows.
"For the parade, duh." Roman rolled his eyes and threw it in the cart.
"Should we get pride towels or is that excessive?" Virgil asked, picking up a beach towels that looked like a rainbow flag.
"This whole trip was excessive. Get two."
They looked around some more, found some rainbow backpacks and some pins before checking out.
"Getting ready for pride, I see?" The cashier said.
She was a skinny blonde girl who's name tag said 'Marlene' with a winky face.
"How can you tell?" Virgil asked sarcastically, grinning.
"So, are you two going to Pridefest?" She asked.
"Of course! Its only my favorite time of the year!"
Roman exclaimed flamboyantly.
"Me too! My girlfriend and I go every year." Marlene laughed.
Both Roman and Virgil had a moment of realization that they have located another gay.
"Well, when we're not physically at the pride parade, my extra boyfriend likes to decorate every inch of our apartment. So excuse the amount of rainbow." Virgil smiled.
"Oh don't worry! We have pan and lesbian flags hanging everywhere and a giant sign that says some girls like girls. Get over it. On our living room wall so I get it." The cashier replied before handing the men their receipt.
"PARTY CITY TIME!" Roman screamed in the car.
This car ride they played dodie and Ben Platt.
Now, Party City is always rainbow but it was heightened when Roman and Virgil entered it.
"Babe. They have rainbow capes. We need those." Was the first thing Roman said upon entering the store.
Along with the capes, they picked up a shirt that said 'let's get one thing straight. Im not." On it, some bandanas, two balloons, one that said 'love wins' and one that said 'pride', both in gold, a couple other trinkets, some rainbow streamers, some rainbow tassel decorations and a table cloth.
The men made friends with another queer cashier, this time named Connor.
Roman burst into the apartment at 4:30 am holding bags of rainbow.
The two spent the next hour decorating until it looks like pride month threw up in their house.
The next day, they had Patton and Logan over.
"Well, I think it's safe to say that whoever lives here is okay with gay people." Patton joked.
"Thank goodness." Logan smiled, squeezing his boyfriends hand.

A/N
Heyo! Yes, this is about 15 or 16 days late but we can ignore that fact. HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!!! No matter if you are LGBTQ+, questioning or just an ally (like me!), be loud, be proud.
Just a little PSA: if you have any chapter requests whatsoever, please leave them for me and I promise I will try my hardest to execute them well. I have about 8 drafts but I'm not motivated to write any of them but having requested chapters helps my motivation!
That's it! Once again: happy pride month! Love you all.
~ Brynlee