Only us... in the theater (prinxiety)

Human AU, like most of my one shots lol. Inspired by about 80 million people.

"Im hungryyyyyyyy." Remy, the costume designer, said.
"Me too." Said pretty much everyone else.
"Let's get pizza!" Dakota, the makeup artist, yelled.
"Some people should stay back, I think." Patton, the director, said.
"Roman. Hold down fort!" Will, the set designer, snapped at Roman.
"I don't want to be alone!" Roman, the leading man and publicist, whined.
"Virgil! You can stay back. I know you don't like being in huge groups." Avery, the writer, suggested.
"Fine, I guess." Virgil, the makeup artist, grumbled.
"Alright! Lets go!" Charley, the sound tech, yelled.
Most kids left, excluding Roman and Virgil.
Little did Roman and Virgil know, that whole thing was planned, and scripted.
The entire theater crew shipped them. It was obvious they were crushing on each other.

Virgils POV
I've always found an empty theater peaceful. Well, except when there's another person there. In this case, it's Roman McKnight. The only actor at the backstage meeting because he's also the publicist.
We were awkwardly silent until I heard him humming.
I immediately knew the song.
Only Us from Dear Evan Hansen. The ultimate love song.

Roman POV
I 'subconsciously' hum a love song. Its my super subtle not confession that i have a crush on the boy across the couch from me. Yeah, wimpy as hell but it's not like I'm going to confess my love to a boy who literally has more interest in a loose thread than me.
(He was playing with a loose thread on his jacket)
After more of my humming, he jumps up suddenly, startling me.
"Alright, that's enough." Virgil yelled as he walked to the piano.
What the hell is he doing?
I followed him, intrigued by what he was going to do.
I stopped in my tracks when I heard the beginning to Only Us.
"You got the tune off. Its like this." He said.
I sat down beside him, discreetly pinching myself. Was I really sitting at the piano by my crush?
His fingers moved effortlessly across the keys, making it look so easy but so hard.
For some strange reason, I got the urge to sing.
"I don't need you to sell me on reasons to want you." I started.
Virgil grinned an adorable tiny grin and I took at as a way of saying 'keep singing.' Well, to me everything means keep singing but, even more so now.
"I don't need you to search for the proof that I should." I continued.
I kept singing until the chorus was over. Virgil kept playing piano.
Now, I was surprised when he began playing the song, but the one thing that surprised me more was when I heard a soft, sweet voice sing
"I never thought there'd be someone like you who would want me,"
Sure enough, Virgil was singing Evans part.
His voice was literally incredible.
This is NOT fair. He can sing, play piano, do makeup and be adorable??
Not fair at all.
"If you like me for me and nothing else, well that's all that I've wanted for longer than you could possibly know.." There was something in his voice that almost made the words sound sincere.
Im hallucinating.
He sang the chorus more beautifully than I've ever heard.
"It's not so impossible!" I chimed in (A/N with a haven't you people ever heard of) and harmonized.
Soon enough, we finished singing.
He looked at me with his sparkly, curious brown eyes.
I looked at his lips, letting my body lead and not my brain.
He nodded ever-so-slightly.
I leaned in, slowly but surely until my lips touched something else.
Another pair of lips. It took a minute to comprehend the fact that i was really kissing Virgil Gray. His lips were soft and tasted like vanilla chapstick.
The kiss lasted, but not long enough.
I cleared my throat after the kiss, the incredible kiss.
"I want to let you know, I met all the things I sang. It can be us. You don't need to prove yourself. I kinda really like you the way you are..." I half rambled.
"Oh, wow. Really?" He was kind of shocked.
"Yeah, why?" I asked.
"I guess I thought you were just caught up in the moment.." he said, twiddling his thumbs.
"I don't just kiss anybody. I kiss nobody, really. Were you just caught up in the moment?" I asked, hoping for him to say no.
"I also don't go around kissing people. So, yes, I do like you. Like, a lot. I kind of had to pinch myself to know I wasn't dreaming." He blushed.
"I've never been happier that someone said no to me." I laughed.
We sat there looking at each other for a moment before he started to giggle.
"Why are you laughing?" I cocked my head.
"I just can't believe that the infamous Roman McKnight had never kissed anyone." He laughed at me.
"Oh shut up!" I shoved him.
"I can't believe I was Roman McKnight's first kiss was with me, ME!" He yelled, standing up from the piano.
"What are you?" Patton asked, startling us both. He had come back with the rest of the backstage crew.
"Nothing!" Virgil yelled, blushing.
"Oh. Cause I swear I heard you saying you were Roman McKnights first kiss..." Patton smiled.
"PATTON!" We both yelled, blushing.
"Oh come on, I filmed the whole thing." Avery came in.
"DELETE THE VIDEO!"

A/N
Silly little one shot. For some reason I always thought Only Us was fitting for Prinxiety, and pretty much all of Zoe and Evans relationship. Also: Only Us is the ultimate love song and you can convince me otherwise so... there's that. This is underwhelming and under 1000 words so I'm very sorry. I hope you still liked it👍
~ Brynlee