Teacher (prinxiety and logicality)

Theyre Humans.
Background: Patton and Logan are married. Logan is an English teacher. Two of his students are Virgil and Roman.

Logan POV
I walked into my classroom. Another day.
Soon enough, the first bell rung, signaling everybody to go to class. My advisory students walked in and took their seats.
I began with the morning updates.
"Ellie. Chair." I reminded one of my students. She has a problem with leaning back in her chair.
"Sorry, Mr Sanders." She replied.

After attendance and a little bit of free time, the bell rung for first period.
The kids walked in.
The popular, im assuming, boys always sit in the front row. The most talkative one, Roman, was the only one actually paying attention to the board.
Behind them were what Im assuming to be the popular girls. Ava was being quite loud.
Almost everybody else came in before I started class.
Except one.
Virgil Black. He ran into class and quickly took a seat.
"Where were you?" His friend, Halley, asked.
"Ms Douglas wanted to talk to me." He mumbled in response.
"Walker. Black. I suggest you talk quieter next time." I told them before taking attendance.
That day they finished writing essays.
I let them talk a bit before class ended because they worked quickly.
"Mr Sanders? Do you have a wife?" Caleb, a popular boy, asked.
Im hella gay, kid.
"No, I do not." I said.
"Then why do you have a wedding ring?" Olivia asked.
"Because I am married." I responded. Why wasn't I just saying it?
"But you said you didn't have a wife." Callie said, smacking on gum.
"Im married, just not to a woman. I have a husband and we've been married for 6 years." I ripped off the band aid.
It was as if I had pressed a button. The whispers came.
"Hes gay?"
"That's disgusting."
I wrote down the names of the students making homophobic comments until one of the popular boys asked Roman
"Isn't that nasty?"
"No." Roman shook his head.
"What?" The other boy questioned.
"Its not nasty. Homosexuality is not nasty."
"Yes it is. All of those gay people are disgusting!"
"Then apparently im disgusting." Roman said.
The whole class was paying attention to the conversation by then.
"You're gay?!?!" The kid screeched, moving his chair away.
"Yuppers. Gay as hell. Im a boy who likes boys." Roman smiled. I like that kid.
"I CANT BELIEVE I WAS EVER FRIENDS WITH YOU!" The kid yelled.
"You know what, me neither. if I had known I was friends with a homophobe, I would've ditched you guys a long time ago." Roman said nonchalantly.
"But you'd have nowhere to go because no one wants to be friends with a gay kid." The other kid spat.
"Except another gay kid." A voice said. I was shocked to see that the voice was coming from Virgil Black. He was the quietest kid in class.
"And a pansexual kid." Halley stood up beside her friend.
Ahh! I love some of my students. Only some.
Kids began to back away like they were a disease.
And then, the rude kid, Jack,  who was talking to Roman did the worst thing he could've possibly done. He called them the F slur.
"Thats it! Jack. Come with me." I stood up. That is the last straw.
"I don't have to listen to a person who's as disgusting as you." He yelled.
"Except that you do. I am your teacher regardless of my sexuality. If anyone here is disgusting, its you. So get your ass off that chair and go to the principals office before you regret not listening in the first place." I yelled.
"You can't say that!" Jack spat.
"Say what. Ass? I can say what I need to say to get my point across. And if I can't say ass then you better as hell can't say the F slur!" I told him and with that, he ran out of the class.
Right as I got a call from the front office telling me he was up there, the bell rang.
"Roman, Virgil, Halley. Can I speak with you please?" I asked.
They arrived at my desk a moment later.
"I would just like to say, what you guys did was very brave. Im so sorry that you're coming out to the school was so unpleasant but thank you for being so amazing. I really hope that you still feel free enough to be yourselves in school. And if you don't, im really sorry but know im always here if you need to talk or anything else." I told them. They all smiled back at me.
"Oh! You're going to be late to class. Just one moment and I right you a pass." I scribbled three passes for them. Each child took one and left with a "thank you Mr Sanders" or a "have a good day, Mr Sanders" or in Halleys case "you're frickin awesome, Mr Sanders".

I was very happy to see a few weeks later Virgil and Roman holding hands down the hall next to Halley wearing a shirt that said "I put the pan in panic."

A/N
So, a new girl named Halley joins, there are homophobes and Logan turns into Ms Albright! Fun times. Hope you enjoyed. This was over 850 words so it wasn't super short! Go me!
~Brynlee