Bye bye bullies (prinxiety)

High school AU
REQUESTED BY: @nobody_special_996
And crazy overdue, I'm so sorry
Trigger warning: BULLYING
also I'm deeply sorry I changed Virgil's last name for the 800th time😬

Virgil Moore was a new kid in school. And to say he wasn't excited was an understatement. You see, when you start at a school where the kids have known each other their whole lives, it's never fun. Add on his overbearing anxiety disorder and general introverted-ness and it's a disaster.

"Roman McKnight to the front office please." The secretary said over the loudspeaker.
Roman stood up, hoping he wasn't in trouble.
His friends all 'ooooh'ed like he was about to get suspended.

He was not.
Roman walked down the hallway he'd known for years and years.
His school was K-12 and Roman was one of the longest lasting kids, or as he called it, the OG's.
"Hi Roman!" The secretary exclaimed.
"Hi Ms. Caprio!" Roman responded. Another person who had been at his school since the beginning of time was Ms. Caprio. She got married a couple years ago but everyone still calls her Ms instead of Mrs, but she's okay with it.
"Why am I here?" Roman asked, holding his breath.
"Oh right! We have a new student. He need someone to show him around. You've been here for a while so you know this place well. Be nice to him and don't worry, you have a pass for missing class to tour him around. We thought it would be better if he had a student do this so he can know another kid instead of one of us." Ms Caprio explained.
"Of course! Where is he?"
"Virgil! Come over here, honey." She said kindly. Her thing was calling kids honey and darling.
A small boy moved from the chairs nearby.
Roman had no idea there was even a kid there.
At first glance, Roman was attracted to this boy. It wasn't love at first sight because that's ridiculous and nonexistent in real life but there was some attraction at first sight.
Roman had always been attracted to smaller and scrawnier boys. Which loosely translates to the opposite of him.
Roman was a theater geek and a football player, a Troy Bolton-esque double threat, if you will. So he was definitely a more muscular and tall person, especially compared to this new kid.
"Hi. Im Virgil. Apparently you're giving me a tour of the school. You don't have to make small talk. Im really boring." He said.
Roman even liked his voice. It was a little bit hoarse, not too deep but definitely post puberty.
Roman could feel himself becoming more smitten and attracted to this boy, Virgil.
"I'm Roman! I've been here since kindergarten so I can definitely show you around. And I don't think you are boring, I mean, look at yourself. Your jacket, style and makeup! But, if small talk does make you uncomfortable or something, I can be quiet on this tour. Whatever makes you feel comfortable." Roman replied, smiling, and showing off his braces (with red and gold bands, like always).
Virgil was surprised by what Roman had said. For a popular athlete boy, Virgil didn't expect him to act the way he did. To be concerned about Virgils comfort and to even go as far as to compliment him. Maybe, just maybe, this school would be better.
"Umm, thanks. Talking is fine, I guess." Virgil mumbled.
"Alright! Right now we're walking down the main high school hallway. The building is really big, but we only take a third of it, elementary and middle school getting the rest." Roman explained as they walked down a hall with thick lines on the floor and rows beyond rows of tan lockers.
"So, what kinds of things are you interested in?" Roman asked, trying desperately to get to know this boy more.
"Well, I kind of hate sports. But I do really like theater, but only on stage crew." Virgil spoke with his hands.
"I must disagree with the sports thing, because football is amazing. But I do agree with the theater thing, although I much prefer being in the spotlight than directing it. Speaking of, here's the theater!" Roman opened the door to the theater, newly built 5 or so years ago.
"It's beautiful. Way better than my old school." Virgil was kind of amazed.
"Is that why you left?"Roman asked, not realizing how personal the question was.
"Well, not really. It was a catholic school," Virgil started. Roman lowered his head a bit, knowing catholic school boys were less likely to like boys.
"And then they figured out I was gay and I was bullied so much I left."
He finished, before realizing he just came out to this stranger, who he had suspected was internally homophobic. 'Well, I was certainly wrong' Roman thought happily. He opened his mouth to speak, but Virgil was gone when he looked over.
"Well sh*t." Roman whispered to himself and ran off to find the new kid.
It took about 15 minutes and 3 distractions until Roman found Virgil in the janitors closet.
"What was that?" Roman asked, not even saying hi.
Virgil mumbled something inaudible.
"What?" Roman asked, touching his ear.
Virgil looked up. His makeup was smeared, face red, eyes watery. He looked like he had just had a panic attack.
"Oh my god what happened?" Roman raised his voice a bit, realizing the situation was serious.
"There was someone behind us." Virgil whispered.
And Roman knew exactly what he meant.
Someone had heard that Virgil was gay.
The thing is, there was one out gay kid in all of this school. Another OG, named Patton. Patton was unapologetic and popular, so no one messed with him. The rest of the school was either closeted or straight.
That did not exclude Roman, who was out as bisexual to everyone he knew, except at school.
So, nobody knew what would happen if another kid came out.
"Oh my god I'm sorry Verge," Roman slid down the wall next to the skinnier boy.
Without thinking, Roman wrapped his arm around the boy next to him.
Virgil blushed a bit and put his head on Romans shoulder.
"Don't make fun of me, please. I can't deal with it." Virgil croaked out.
And for some reason, Roman had the guts to say "I won't. I'm bi."
The two boys sat in the janitors closet, Virgil still teary, for a couple minutes in silence.
"What if they tell everyone?" Virgil broke the silence.