5 years (logicality and prinxiety)

Logan and Patton, madly in love, even after being married for 6 years.
They had adopted a son, named Virgil.
Today was Virgils birthday. His 5th birthday.
"I can't believe our son is 5! He's getting so big! Growing up right in front of our eyes!" Patton exclaimed to his husband, whilst baking a purple and white cake with the rock from The Nightmare Before Christmas on it.
The entire house was decorated. There were purple balloons in every corner of the house, a big silver 'Happy Birthday' banner, some balloons in the shape of a '5' and a bunch of streamers and decorations all over the walls, all The Nightmare Before Christmas themed.
Knock knock
"I got it!" Patton yelled.
He jogged to the door.
He unlocked it and opened it.
Standing in the doorway was Patton's brother Emile and his husband Remy, along with their 16 year old daughter, Erin.
"Hello guys! Sorry I'm a bit of a mess! The house is all decorated and ready for the kids. We invited Virgils entire grade! But he's still asleep." Patton welcomed his family into the house.
"Uncle Patton! This looks amazing!" Erin exclaimed upon seeing the house.
"Thank you!" Patton replied, smiling at all of his hard work.
A person walked out from the formal dining room.
"Uncle Logan!" Erin yelled, hugging Logan.
"Hey Logan! How are you!" Remy shook his hand.
"I'm good, how are you guys?" Logan asked.
"We're all good! Works fine, Erin just made varsity volleyball!" Emile exclaimed, obviously very proud of his daughter.
"Wow! Erin, that's awesome!" Patton squealed.
"What's loud?" A voice said from the top of the stairs.
Everybody turned to see a small boy wearing The Nightmare Before Christmas pajamas, holding is teddy bear.
"Good morning!" Emile shouted.
"UNCLE EMILE! UNCLE REMY! COUSIN ERIN!" Virgil yelled, racing down the stairs, and tripping a bit over his purple slippers.
He hugged his uncles and then Erin. She picked him up and spun him around, making him giggle.
"Happy Birthday kiddo!" Patton smiled to his son, showing off the decorations.
"ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!" Virgil yelled, dancing around.
Everybody laughed.
"When's the party?" He asked, jumping.
"Pretty soon! How about we watch a movie before the party starts?" Patton exclaimed.
"Yeah!" Virgil yelled, running to the couch.
"Cousin Erin? Can I sit on your lap?" He asked once everyone else was on the couch.
"Of course!" She patted her lap.
Logan grabbed the remote and asked Virgil what he wanted to watch, and to no ones surprise, he chose The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Once the movie was over, Virgil was very excited for his party.
"I need to get dressed!" He shouted, running up the stairs.
A few minutes later, the 5 year old returned wearing a t-shirt with Jack Skellington on it and some black pants.
"Are you excited, Virgil?" Logan asked his son.
"Yeah!" He yelled.
The whole family sat down at the table and talked for a bit.
Noon rolled around, the time the party was supposed to start.
But nobody came.
The pizza came and they ate it all.
Everyone kept telling Virgil "any minute now! People will be here any minute now."
But Virgil didn't believe them. You see, he didn't really expect people to come, because he really didn't have any friends.
"It's ok. Thank you for trying." Virgil said sadly once an hour had passed.
"How about we eat some cake!" Remy suggested, feeling bad for his nephew.
"Yeah." Virgil responded, not as cheery as he was before.
Patton got his cake, which was Virgils favorite, Devils Food.
They were about to sing Happy Birthday when there was a knock on the door.
Everyone was surprised by this.
Erin got up to get it.
The entire family hoped it was another kid.
Lo and behold, standing in the doorway was a kind looking woman with another little boy in her arms.
The boy was wearing jeans, a red shirt with Mulan on it and a plastic crown.
The boy smiled, showing off the fact that his two front teeth were missing.
"Hello, is this where the party is?" The woman asked.
"Yes! Hello!" Erin exclaimed, very happy another kid showed up.
"Are you Virgils mother?" The woman asked, confused by how young Erin was.
"Oh no! Im his cousin! His fathers are inside! Come on in!" Erin laughed.
The two came inside, the young boy getting down from his mother's arms and running over to Virgil.
"Hello! Im Catherine McKnight. My son, Roman, insisted on coming to this party. Im so sorry we are so late!" She smiled.
"No worries! Im Patton, Virgils father! Is Roman in his class?" Patton asked, shaking Catherine's hand.
"Yes. And apparently our sons are going to get married." She laughed.
"Well, we heard no plans of that. But I certainly think that it would be a great marriage." Logan stood up, shaking Catherine's hand.
"Oh, how rude of me! I didn't introduce myself. Im Logan, Virgils other father." He said, putting his arm around the lower back of his husband.
"I see! Well, I'm so sorry to just drop him off like this but I really have to get to a meeting. I will be back at around 4." She said gratefully.
"Sounds great!" Patton exclaimed.
Catherine turned to Roman.
"Have fun, love! Behave, be nice to everyone. I will pick you up later." She said to her son.
"Ok Mommy!" Roman hugged his mom.
She left with another thank you to Patton and Logan.
Roman sat at the table with everyone else, a huge smile still plastered on his face.
"Okay! Lets sing Happy Bithday!" Emile exclaimed.
Everyone sang happy birthday to Virgil. He also had a huge smile.
They all finished singing, and Virgil blew out his 6 candles in only 2 blows.
Logan cut the cake and everyone ate it.
"Uncle Patton, you make the best cake I've ever had." Erin said, after devouring her piece.
"This is delicious!" Roman yelled.
After cleaning the cake, they all moved to the living room for games.
"Excuse me sir?" Roman walked up to Patton.
He knelt down to Romans height.
"Yes?" He asked.
"I'm going to marry your son." Roman smiled confidently.
"Well, that sounds great! You would make a great husband." Patton laughed. The little boy skipped back over to where Virgil, Erin, Emile And Remy we're playing Pin The Tail On The Donkey.
After another game, everyone sat down on the sectional couch for presents.
Virgil ripped open his gift from his uncles and his cousin.
It was zip up hoodie with purple plaid patches all over it.
"I love it!" Virgil yelled, putting it on.
Next was his parents gift. He got new bedding, with Jack Skellington and Sally all over it.
"SALLY!" Virgil screamed, upon seeing his favorite character on one of the pillows.
Finally, he opened Romans gift.
Inside was a ring pop and some stuffed animals. There were small ones of Sally and Jack and a big one of Zero the dog.
"I love them!" Virgil jumped up and down, hugging his new stuffed animals.
"The ring pop is your engagement ring." Roman explained.
All the adults and teen laughed.
They ate more cake and played more games until Catherine came back.
"I don't want to leave Mommy! Can I sleep over?" Roman whined to his mom.
"If its ok with Virgil and his parents." She responded.
"Can he sleep over!?" Virgil asked loudly.
"I don't see why not." Logan shrugged.
"YAY!!!" Roman and Virgil yelled in unison.
Catherine stopped at their house down the street and got Romans stuff for him.
The boys spent the whole night talking and playing.
Patton was walking to his sons bedroom to say good night when he heard him say
"By the way, I will marry you. I promise."
And
"I promise too."

And the boys kept their promise.

A/N
In honor of Five Thousand Freaking Reads (what the hell?) Virgil turned 5!! I kind of love writing them as little kids. I really hope you like reading this as much as I loved writing it.
See you later, peace out.
~ Brynlee