The moonlight celebration

The fellowship was to depart tomorrow and father was holding a farewell party

God father surely knows how to get me annoyed

Then I heard someone behind me and I sharply turned around to see the other man that was in the fellowship. " Hello there, I don't believe we introduced ourselves, I'm Boromir from Gondor" He said holding out his hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lauren from Rivendell" I said holding out my hand aswell to meet his.

"My my that is a beautiful name" he said kissing my hand which made me feel very uncomfortable

"Thank you" I said pulling my hand away and then went to find Arwen so I could say goodbye in case i didn't get the chance in the morning

But instead of finding Arwen I find Legolas. Lucky me

"Who are you trying to find?" said a familiar voice "its none of your business" I said turning around to see a royal looking Legolas. He looked really annoyed so he grabbed my wrist and led onto the balcony.

"Lauren I'm really getting sick of us arguing all the time. Do you remember when we would look at  each other in the eye and we would tell each other that we love each other?" He said grabbing my hand and putting it on his chest. "Yes, I remember. you would have the moon shining in your eye and.....and what are you doing!" I asked but he didn't answer

A few seconds went  by and that's when Legolas stopped moving my hand and all I could feel was his heartbeat. "Feel that? My heart only beats for you and if I can't be with you and share my heart with you then I don't have anything else to live for" he said "Legolas...  " "Wait before you say anything I want to show you something" And with that he took my hand and led me out into the garden.

The garden looks really beautiful at night, but tonight it was magnificent.

"Does this place seem familiar?" He asked me "This is where we first met" I said "I remember it like it was yesterday"

"You know, there is no reason  that we can't try again" He said hopefully

"That's where your wrong, your engaged to someone else and I don't want you to ruin a perfect future with her" I said rather feeling that I could just punch something and to my suprise while I was walking I ended up punching one of the concrete walls which made me fall down to the floor crying my eyes out.

Legolas ran to my side and I was too much in pain to fight him off

Lucky for me, my hand wasn't broken just sprained. All through the night Legolas stayed by my side, I tried to convince him that I'm alright but he stuck to me like glue.

It was time for us to go and rest up but instead I snuck out of my chambers and went for a midnight walk. I've done that quite a lot recently. While I was walking along the stream, I saw Frodo's reflection in the water so I stopped "Something troubles you, Frodo" I said "I'm just a bit nervous" said Frodo "Frodo, we are all with you, I also have a big part in this as well" I said."According to ada"

"Well at least you don't have the fate of all middle- earth" He said making me feel quite offended. "Frodo, my past have been as troubling for me as being a ring bearer is troubling for you" I said. "Speaking of which, I heard from my uncle Bilbo that you and Legolas were once something like soul mates, but when I saw the look you gave him at the meeting, I guessed he was wrong" said Frodo seeming a bit disappointed. "Your uncle Bilbo has a good memory, you see Frodo, when your uncle came to visit us, me and the prince of Mirkwood did have an affair.... ah it's not the right time to talk about it"

"No, go on, please" He said with such pleasing eyes that it was hard to say no" Oh ok fine I'll tell you, you might want to sit down, it will be quite a long one" I advised him.

~FLASH BACK~

I was riding on my horse for about an hour or two now. If your wondering why I'm on my horse, it's because my farther is on an important journey and he told me it would be best if I stayed in Mirkwood. I was actually quite glad he suggested staying there because my very good friend, Legolas, is the prince of Mirkwood.

I came to the borders of Mirkwood, and out of no where an was shot and hit the tree that was right next to me. I panicked and made my horse run quickly to the gates of Mirkwood. The gates were in sight and then right in front of me and my horse, a cloaked figure landed swiftly on his feet, I guessed he jumped from the trees above, "Leave at once, sir, or I will make you wish you were never born!" I said, well I kind of shouted it, actually. "You were always so easy to scare Lauren" I would recognized that voice anywhere

"Legolas?" He stood up and removed his hood revealing his gorgeous face (yes ok I always liked him more then a friend) "I'm surprised that the dashful looking prince of Mirkwood is in the woods and not in the safety of his own palace" I teased, I know how much Legolas hates being all coped up in his palace all day. "Oh, come on Lauren, you really didn't think that I wouldn't come out and meet you like I always do" he said. I got off my horse and huged Legolas, and then we walked to the palace. When we got to the gates, Legolas told me that his father isn't home but he knows that I was coming.

After a big tour of Mirkwood, he took me to my chambers in the palace which was where I would be staying while I was here. The room I was staying in was breathtaking because it had a gorgeous view of the forest which would have a beautiful sunset behind it. " I'll come and let you know if my father wants to talk to you" Legolas told me as he stood in the doorway, I nodded at him and continued to stare at the beautiful view.

It has been ages since I last came here and nothing has changed. Legolas, all of a sudden, came through the door to tell me his father wanted to talk to me. I thanked him and made my way to the throne room.

Legolas P.O.V

As I saw Lauren walk down to the throne room, I felt something really weird, it was like I wanted to be with her forever, what am I thinking, she is my friend, nothing more, nothing less.

Although, I must admit that she does lift my heart up whenever she laughs. I must regain myself, remember your a prince, walk in the room with a prince attitude.

When I saw Lauren in the throne room on her knees infront of my father, I was trying to resist running up to her and hugging her.  "My son, I would like you to train her in sword fighting and teach her how to use a bow and arrow" my father said walking over to me and putting a hand on my shoulder.

Hey guys I'm gonna continue the flash back through the next chapter

please vote and comment