CHAPTER 3

"I don't need a man, if I'm loving you it's cause I can. I don't want your cash, I put my own rock on my hand"
Joan Of Arc- Little Mix

~~~

'What a beautiful home!' Mary-Anne shrieks as she and Bonnie-Anne struggle to make their way into the house first. I shake my head at them; such children.

Of course my home is beautiful, it cost me six million pounds and I'm not going to let these two destroy it so easily. They finally enter the house and I sigh.

'Wow Leigh, you really went over the top,' Bonnie-Anne says as they take in its beauty. I decorated the house myself despite my friends telling me to hire an interior decorator.

The walls are white and cream; I didn't want to make them only white because it would seem plain.

My living room is large and has a French window which I specifically demanded for before buying the house. Two sofas are right across each other and two armchairs are opposite the fireplace. Two chandeliers illuminate the room and there is a small vase of pink roses on the coffee table. A grand piano sits in a corner of the room. I learnt to play the piano when I was eight and it is one of my hobbies.

'OMG Leigh,' Bonnie-Anne says and they walk around admiring my house.

'Can I have this?' Mary-Anne asks me as she carries one of my table lamps.

'No,' I instantly say and she sadly drops it.

After showing them around, I take them to their different rooms, I couldn't let them stay in the same room; it would only make it easier for them to tear my precious house to pieces. I decide to make lunch for us, it is my sisters' first time in my house so I have to treat them well.

'We definitely need to throw a party Leigh,' Mary-Anne suggests as we have lunch.

'Why?' I ask.

'To celebrate your amazing house.'

'I moved here a year ago, don't you think it's a little too late for a house warming?'

'Whatever, I still think we need to throw a party.'

'I'm not letting you two throw a party in my house, if there's gonna be a party here then I'm gonna be the one throwing it,' I state. I just couldn't let them, imagine all the money I'd have to spend fixing my house after they broke it.

'You think we're not responsible?'

'Are you really asking me that?' I scoff.

'We promise, no swings, no damage, no breaking and no fights.'

'Because of you two, I don't believe in promises anymore.' I think of all the promises they'd failed to keep. 'No party.'

'It's okay Leigh, we understand,' Bonnie-Anne finally surrenders. She is less party-ish than Mary-Anne and she knows when to be rational, sometimes.

After we're done eating, I do the dishes because Mary-Anne is still upset that I refused to let them throw a party and Bonnie-Anne just didn't want to help. It is a Friday and I don't have any schedule for the afternoon so I decide to enjoy some tv time before my sisters decide it's time to wreck havoc.

I let out a loud sigh. This is going to be one heck of a weekend.