CHAPTER 10

"I make this look easy, tick tick boom like gasoliney. Yeah they call me Lambourghini cause I know just what I'm worth"
Power- Little Mix ft Stormzy

~~~

I couldn't stop thinking about him so I decide to call him and he picks the call almost immediately.

'Missing me already?' He asks in a cocky tone.

'Just wanted to say hi.' I laugh.

'Awww, I feel special already.' I know he's being dramatic so I say, 'You're welcome.'

We go on talking and laughing and when we finish talking, he becomes serious all of a sudden.

'What is it?' I ask, already worried.

Sheldon goes on to tell me how his brother is using my sister by pretending to love her so she can give him money, and that when he gets all the money he wants, he'll dump her.

'What?! Are you sure about this?' I get up from my bed.

'Yes, Shawn told me himself and I know his history more than anyone else does.'

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Bonnie-Anne is a very emotional person and she hardly dates anyone so her dating Shawn means that she truly loves him. She's going to be devastated when she finds out about this.

'Leigh-Anne, are you still there?'

'Yeah. Thanks for the red light. I'll talk to you later, bye.'

'Bye sweetheart,' He says before I hang up. I check the time, it's almost nine o'clock, Shawn was already back home so why is Bonnie-Anne not?

'Leigh?' I hear her call out and then I run downstairs.

'Bonnie?'

'Uh, is everything okay?' She asks as she sees me running downstairs and give her a hug.

When I see that she's okay, I switch to angry mode. 'Where have you been? And why did you leave my house without cleaning it up like I asked you to?'

'I'm so sorry Leigh.'

Of course.

'Shawn called me and asked me out to dinner, I couldn't say no so I asked Mae to clean up while I was gone, I had no idea she was gonna get herself drunk.'

'You said Shawn asked you out to dinner, so how come you're just coming home now?'

'We lodged in a hotel when it got too late.'

'And why didn't you call to tell me you won't be coming home last night?'

'I didn't think it was necessary, I was with Shawn and I was safe.'

'But still, you should've called me even though you were with Shawn. You're living in my house and I'm your sister for goodness' sake Bonnie!'

'Okay okay, I'm sorry grandma.'

'Don't ever call me that.'

'Fine,' She says and is about to go upstairs when I stop her. 'What is it now?' She groans.

'I need to tell you something very important, it will save you from a great deal of trouble.'

'Just to be clear, I tried to talk Mae out of throwing a party but she didn't want to listen.'

'I'm not talking about Mae,' I say, 'I'm talking about Shawn.'

'What about him? He's cute right?'

'He may be cute, but he's not the right man for you.'

'What're you talking about?'

'Shawn doesn't love you, he's only acting like he does so he can get money from you, and when he gets all that he wants, he'll leave you broke and heartbroken.'

'How did you know this?'

'Sheldon told me.'

'And how did he know this?'

'Shawn told him.'

Bonnie-Anne bursts out laughing. 'And you expect me to believe that?'

'Whether you believe it or not, it's the truth.'

'So you just believe whatever Sheldon tells you?'

'Yes, because he's an honest man, unlike Shawn.'

'Shawn is a more honest man, at least he doesn't go about trying to ruin peoples' relationships.'

'He's not trying to ruin your relationship, he's just trying to save you.'

'Well I don't want his saving.'

'Bonnie, please listen to me, Shawn is not a good man.'

'And neither is Sheldon, poking his nose into my personal life like that.'

'He just wants the best for you.'

'So does Shawn. You know what, this conversation ends here, I don't wanna talk about this ever again,' Bonnie-Anne says and goes upstairs. I can tell that she's upset, how then is she going to feel when she finds out that all I said was true. I have to find a way to make her see the truth, whether she wants it or not.

Mary-Anne comes downstairs rubbing her eyes and yawning. 'What's all the noise? And what's for breakfast, I'm starving.'

Classic Mary-Anne.

******************************

Howdy guys!! Thanks for reading and voting! And if you have something to say about the chapter, feel free to comment, your thoughts are important to me.

Don't read alone, share with your friends as well😉

Hugs and kisses,
Kemas