CHAPTER 5

"Cause I do think about you, can't shake you off baby stuck like glue"
Think About Us- Little Mix ft Ty Dolla $ign

~~~

I arrive at Mrs Leighton's house a few minutes to eight. Her house is not as big as mine and not as fancy, but it is definitely more homely and I love it. I love how it smells of chocolate.

'Leigh-Anne, I'm so glad you could make it,' Mrs Leighton says as she pulls me in for a warm hug.

'How could I not?'

The both of us sit and chat for a while before the guests start arriving and she turns on some soft music. Being the good girl that I am, I help her welcome the guests and she introduces me to some of them as "the daughter she never had", although most of them know me and press me for autographs.

All the guests finally arrive and soon they're walking around, dancing, eating and drinking, chatting and mingling with new people. I continue chatting with Mrs Leighton until my attention is diverted when there is a knock on the door.

Mrs Leighton is about to stand when I stop her. 'I'll get it,' I tell her.

I open the door and before me is a tall and handsome young man around the age of twenty-seven.

'Uh hello, are you here for the party?' I manage to say.

'Yes I am.'

'Oh, please come in.'

I step aside for him to pass and my heart flutters as he smiles at me.

What a beautiful smile.

I continue to stare at him as he makes his way into the house, very familiar with the place as he goes to meet Mrs Leighton.

'Sheldon!' She exclaims as she hugs him.

His name is Sheldon. Noted.

'I'm sorry for being late, mum.'

Wait a minute.

Mrs Leighton hits his arm playfully as she gestures for me to come over.

'Leigh-Anne, this is my amazing son, Sheldon and Sheldon, this is my very close friend, Leigh-Anne though she is more like a daughter to me,' Mrs Leighton says as she holds me close. 'And you know what, she's a member of a very popular girl band, she's a pop star!'

Sheldon looks at me without recognition.

'He's not a fan of pop music.' Mrs Leighton laughs as she nudges him. 'Sometimes I wonder who's the old one amongst us.'

Sheldon laughs, making his pretty eyes crinkle and displaying his perfect white dentures.

What a beautiful laugh.

'Come on, your uncle and aunt have been waiting for you,' Mrs Leighton says as she leads her son towards his relatives.

I've never met Mrs Leighton's children before although she talks about them very often. I bet they're all good looking, I mean their mother is beautiful so I can't expect them not to be.

Just as I am about to get another drink, I catch Sheldon staring at me and it takes me all the willpower I can muster to stop myself from grinning and looking like an utter fool. I just smile at him and pretend I'm not affected by his stare.

Okay Leigh-Anne, get yourself together.

Before I know it he is making his way towards me and I try all I can to look cool as I sip my drink.

'Hi, uh, Leigh-Anne.'

He remembers my name.

'Hi,' I say, ignoring the fact that I am melting internally.