CHAPTER 20

"You're not the only one so let them criticize, you're untouchable when you realize"
Change Your Life- Little Mix

~~~

It's been about ten minutes since Ava has been talking with Shawn at the bar counter. I wonder if he's taken the bait, Bonnie may show up any second. I glance around to see if I would see Bonnie and I see her with mom and Mrs Leighton, they are cooing her and pinching her cheeks. Mom looks at me and winks at me, she's probably doing this to distract Bonnie.

Bonnie is finally able to escape from her cooers and starts looking for Shawn but my girls stop her.

'OMG Bonnie-Anne I love your dress, it's so gorgeous!!' Perrie screams.

'Who designed it?? I want one just like it!!' Jade also screams.

'Come on, tell us all about your dress!!' Jesy says drawling the "all". I chuckle, my friends can be dramatic sometimes.

I look over at Ava and Shawn and Ava gives me a thumbs up. I walk over to Bonnie.

'Bonnie, where is Shawn?? I haven't seen him since I got here.'

'I was with him a while ago, don't know where he went.' Bonnie says, looking around.

'Maybe he's having a drink at the bar, you know just enjoying the party.' Jade says and shrugs. 

'I'll go check.' Bonnie says and goes to the bar counter, we just follow suit.

Bonnie is going to be very upset and heartbroken after this but it's best if she finds out the truth about her so-called fiance before he ruins her life.

To our greatest surprise neither Shawn nor Ava was at the bar. Where could they have gone??

'You looking for Shawn??' A guy at the counter asks.

'Yes, have you seen him??' Bonnie asks.

'I don't know, saw someone who looks like him leaving with a blonde, she was very attractive.' He says and laughs then drinks some more. He seems a bit drunk but I know he's talking about Shawn and Ava.

Bonnie doesn't say anything but just goes outside.

'Do you think Ava took Shawn to her house??' Perrie asks.

'Not likely.', I say, 'He probably wanted them to go outside so Bonnie wouldn't see them.'

I look around, everyone is still having a good time, Mae is stuffing all kinds of food in her mouth with a grumpy look on her face, she's probably still mad that mom asked her to stay away from Shawn. Sheldon is now trapped with my mom and his mom as they coo him and pinch his cheeks.

I follow Bonnie outside and join her in her hiding spot as she eavesdrops on Shawn and Ava. She looks really hurt just seeing them together, I wonder how she'll feel when she finds out what Shawn has been doing.

'Please don't leave, I'm telling you, I don't love her at all.' Shawn says.

'But you agreed to get married to her.' Ava replies.

'That's only because she's madly in love with me and I didn't want to break her heart. I don't have any feelings for her but I have feelings for you.'

Don't you mean, you have feelings for her money. Jerk.

'We can't be together, you're already engaged to her and in a couple of months you'll get married. I don't want to be a third wheel.'

'We won't get married if you don't want us to. I'll call off the engagement right away.'