CHAPTER 18

"Oh my gosh I think I did it again, broke his heart, why does this keep happening"
OMG- Little Mix

~~~

As I lay in bed unable to sleep, I stare at Shane's text. He knows I'm dating his brother so why is he asking me out. Not to mention my sisters are in love with his other brother.

This is so messed up.

I knew my sisters would cause a lot of drama when they came to stay with me but I didn't think it would be this serious. If only I hadn't agreed to let them stay longer. Why are my so nice??

I ignore Shane's text and try to go to bed. My mom would be coming to London tomorrow and I have to pick her up from the airport. I can't wait to see her again, I haven't seen her since I moved here. At least things would soon start falling into place. Hopefully.

After everything is cleared with my sisters, I would have to convince them to go back home. They've been here for so long I'm getting worried that the people they have put in charge are going to slack in their work.

I own a children's clothing line though I tried to convince my sisters to join me but they were too extravagant to save. They were both cashiers at a supermarket and weren't paid much but spent on what they couldn't afford.

I couldn't go to college because I had a promising music career ahead of me but my sisters just refused to go giving flimsy reasons and excuses. And now Bonnie only has a degree in fighting and a masters in stubbornness while Mae has PhDs in partying and drunkenness.

As the CEO I finally made my sisters COOs with much persuasion from my mom and also because they lived in Oxford. Surprisingly, they handled the position pretty well. At least they were mature enough not to let their constant fights and bickering interfere with my business.

I just wish my sisters could see that Shawn was a goat in sheep's clothing, at least then they wouldn't find him so attractive. I also wish that Shane would take a hint and leave me alone. I make a few more wishes before drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I and my mom arrive at my house.

'Wow, look at this place, it's lovely. Way to go Leigh.' Mom says as she looks around in awe.

'Thanks mom. Come, let me take you to your room.'

'Where is Bonnie and Mae??'

Just then, Bonnie comes downstairs all dressed up and happy but freezes when she sees mom.

'Oh my god mom!!' She screams as she tightly hugs mom.

'I'm happy to see you too Bonnie.'

'Oh my god you told me you couldn't come!!'

'And you believed me?? Of course I would come, I just wanted to surprise you!!'

'Oh mom!!' Bonnie screams louder and hugs mom tighter.

'Where's your sister??'

Just then, Mae comes downstairs rubbing her eyes, 'Bonnie and Leigh can you two keep it down down here??', but she freezes when she sees mom.

'Mom!!'

'Mae!!'

Mae runs to hug mom nearly knocking her down.

'Wow, you've gotten stronger and wilder' mom remarks after Mae leaves her.

'I'll see you later mom, I was on my way to Shane's to see how much things are done.' Bonnie says.

'Oh yeah, you go do that.' Bonnie grins and leaves.

'So, Mae, how're things playing out with you and Bonnie??'

'What do you mean??'

'I think you know what I mean young lady. You two are not even on good terms.'

'Oh, you mean Bonnie?? She caused all this so you should also question her.'

'The only person who deserves to be questioned is you Mae. Your recent conduct is despicable to say the least. How could you let yourself get drunk at a family dinner??! And don't get me started on Shane!!' Mom was getting visibly upset now.

'Mom, if all this is about my loving Shane then we have nothing to talk about because I won't stop loving him.'

'Aren't you ashamed of yourself Mae?? You're in love with your sister's fiance!!'

'He would've been my fiance if Bonnie hadn't turned him against me.'

'No Mae, you turned him against you and you can't blame Bonnie for anything. She's your sister, can't you just genuinely be happy for her??'

'No one is gonna be genuinely happy if I'm not able to get married to Shane.' Mae says and runs upstairs.

Mom turns around to face me, 'So this is what you've been dealing with alone?? You poor thing.'

'I just want all this to end mom.' I say as I hug her.

'Don't worry Leigh, I'm here now. Everything is going to be alright.'

'I know.'

*******************************

I'm sorry for not updating in a long time, I hope this chapter makes up for it and if it did, please vote.

What do you think will happen now that their mother is in town??

I love y'all for reading and voting!! 😘