CHAPTER 13

"I was a little bit lost but I'm not anymore, I was a little bit hurt but I'm not anymore"
The Cure- Little Mix

~~~

'Mae! Are you okay?!' I ask as Bonnie-Anne and I rush towards her.

'I'm fine,' she replies and looks at Shawn. 'So you guys were planning Bonnie-Anne's engagement party and left me completely out of it?'

'It's not what you think, Mae. Okay, maybe it is what you think,' I say quietly.

'Am I at least invited?'

'Of course you are silly! I didn't think you would be interested in all this since making plans and arrangements bores you, so I was just gonna tell you the date of the party afterwards,' Bonnie-Anne replies.

'Thanks for the invitation,' she says and smiles. 'Hello Shawn, it's good to see you again.'

'Good to see you too Mary-Anne,' Shawn awkwardly replies then stands up. 'I'll be leaving now, I have some things to attend to.'

'What things?' Bonnie-Anne asks him.

'Some things,' he answers curtly.

'Real cute. Give me a buzz when you get home, we have a lot of preparations to make.'

'Of course.' They hug each other before he waves the rest of us goodbye and leaves.

'I should also leave,' Sheldon says, standing. 'Any special instructions my lady?'

I chuckle. 'No.'

'Alright then, goodbye Bonnie-Anne and Mary-Anne,' He says, but before he leaves, he pecks me on my forehead and winks at me.

'Come on Bonnie, we have work to do. We have to pick a dress for you, pronto!' Mary-Anne says as she drags Bonnie-Anne upstairs.

'I wonder why Mae is so happy and okay about all this,' I say to myself as I clean up the broken china. 'Maybe she's finally gotten over Shawn. Good, at least now she won't be a problem anymore.'

* * *

I and the girls decide to meet at Perrie's house as we can't discuss our plan at my house so my sisters don't find out and also, Perrie's baked a cake for the first time so she called us over to have a taste.

'So Mary-Anne is cool with it, just like that?' Jade asks as we sit in the kitchen.

'Yeah, it's a good thing, isn't it?' I say, swirling on the stool.

'It would've been a good thing except that something's not right,' she points out.

'Yeah. Why would Mary-Anne suddenly be so happy about Bonnie-Anne and Shawn's engagement? I think she's up to something,' Jesy says.

I think about it for a moment. Knowing Mary-Anne, Jesy could probably be right. Let me rephrase that: Jesy is right. Why didn't I think about it before?

'Let's just call off the engagement before Mae does anything stupid and before Bonnie-Anne gets married to that Shawn,' Jade suggests.

'And how do we do that?' I ask.

'We need someone richer than Bonnie-Anne to make Shawn want to leave her so she can come to the realisation that Shawn doesn't love her but her money,' Jesy replies.

'And how do we find that someone?'

'I have a friend who's very rich and would be willing to help me.'

'Do we know this friend of yours?'

'You will soon. We could meet over lunch tomorrow so we can talk.'