CHAPTER 19

"Take a sip of my secret potion, one taste and you'll be mine"
Black Magic- Little Mix

~~~

'Are you sure this Ava girl is to be trusted??' Mom asks as I narrate the plan to her.

'Of course, I've met her myself, she's very rich and she's willing to help. She comes from a very wealthy political family and is the heir to her family's fortune.'

'You sure you don't want me to talk to Bonnie??'

'No, if you tell her not to get married to Shawn it's only gonna make her mad at us. It's better if she sees the truth for herself.'

'You're right but what if this doesn't work and she ends up getting engaged to Shawn??'

'Not gonna happen.' I say firmly.

We are all ready to go to Bonnie's engagement, except Mae, we've been waiting for her for nearly half an hour. Bonnie had gotten impatient(very understandable) and left. She can't be late to her own engagement because of Mae.

Mae finally comes downstairs dressed simply in an evening gown, her bob shorter than usual and more surprisingly, her makeup was moderate and lovely.

'Wow Mae, you look great.' Mom and I say in unison.

'I know, I took all my time to make sure I look stunning tonight so Shawn can see what he's missing and realize that he still loves me.'

I mentally facepalm myself and mom mirrors the same disappointment.

What exactly is wrong with this girl??

'You are not doing anything at this engagement except to celebrate with your sister and probably eat if you want to. I won't let you ruin this night for Bonnie and everyone else involved. Stay at least six feet away from Shawn and also, no drinking tonight, I think you've humiliated yourself enough.' Mom commands and Mae just pouts.

'But mom-'

'Have I made myself clear enough??' Mom asks calmly.

Mae's voice becomes sad as she says, 'Yes mom.'

I'm so happy mom is here, I won't have to worry about Mae doing anything stupid cause she definitely won't. She would do whatever mom says, now things would be under control and our plan would work.

'Come on, let's go.' Mom says as we all leave.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

We arrived at Shawn's house an hour after the party had started thanks to Mae. His house is actually nice, with plenty of space to accommodate all the guests. He must've earned a lot of money from being a playboy cause the house looked expensive.

Bonnie walks up to us with Shawn. 'Shawn, this is my mom and mom, this is Shawn.'

'I'm so happy to finally meet you mrs Leighton.' Shawn says.

Mom forces a smile as she says, 'Yes, I'm so happy for the both of you.'

'Shawn-' Mae says as she makes her way towards him but mom shoots her a look and she steps back, 'Uh, congratulations, to you Shawn and you too Bonnie.'

'Why don't you enjoy yourselves, we have some other guests to meet, I'll be right back.' Bonnie says as they leave us.

'Where's Sheldon?? I really want to meet him.' Mom says excitedly.

I look around searching for him when he walks up to us with Mrs Leighton.

'Sheldon!!' I hug him and he chuckles.

'You're looking beautiful as always Leigh-Anne.'

I blush, 'You're looking handsome as usual.'

Mrs Leighton clears her throat and I hug her.

'Well, I will have to agree with Sheldon, you do look beautiful dear.'

I laugh, 'Thank you.' I am wearing a mint off the shoulder minidress with black high-heeled ankle-length boots and clutch. My make-up is as usual, on fleek.

Sheldon sees mom who is grinning at him, 'You must be Mrs Pinnock, it's a pleasure to meet you. If it hadn't been for you, I wouldn't have met Leigh-Anne.' He offers his hand for a handshake but mom hugs him instead.

'So you're the one who captured my Leigh's heart. I can see why.' Mom chuckles and eyes him.

'Quinn??' Mrs Leighton calls. Hold on. How does she know mom's name??

Mom looks at her trying to remember who she is before she screams, 'Shirley!!'

'Quinn!! I can't believe it's really you!!'

'Me neither, look at you, you look a lot younger than me.'

'Oh stop it Quinn. I never thought I'd see you again, it's been so long!!'

'I'm just so happy we finally met again, I've missed you Shirley.' Mom says as she and Mrs Leighton hug each other for what seemed like ages before they let go.

'I've missed you too. We have a lot of catching up to do.' Mrs Leighton says.

Turns out mom and Mrs Leighton were childhood friends and even went to the same university. They had lost contact after Mrs Leighton got married and moved but meet again after nearly three decades. Sheldon and I leave them so they could continue chatting.

While we were talking, Shane walks up to us, offering me a drink. I take it from him but noticed his eyes dancing on me.

'Thank you.' I say, hoping he would go away but he just smiles at me.

'You look lovely Leigh-Anne.'

'Thank you.' I say, hoping he would go away but he continues to smile at me.

'Can I join you two??' He asks.

'Absolutely not.' Sheldon says but Shane pretends to not hear him and stands beside me.

He sniffs me and whispers to me, 'You smell very pleasant.'

'Oh my god Shane can you just leave me alone, is that too much to ask for??'

'Yes it is, because I can't stay away from you.'

'What?? You can't stay away from her?? Are you two twins or something??' Sheldon asks.

'No Sheldon, it's not like that.'

'It is definitely like that. Dude, you were literally flirting with my girlfriend in my presence and you have been texting her behind my back, knowing full well that I don't like it at all. I'm only being calm and polite cause you're my brother, so you better leave us alone or things are gonna get quite ugly.' Sheldon says and Shane just glances at me before leaving.

'I'm sorry my brothers are giving you all this trouble, but it's all gonna be over soon.' Sheldon says as he kisses my forehead.

'I know.' I hug him tightly and he chuckles as he takes my drink from me, 'Hey!!'

'It's not like you were drinking it.' He says and I playfully hit his arm. Ow, bad idea.

I see Ava and the girls at the other side of the house, Perrie was telling them something. 'Be right back.', I say to Sheldon and walk up to them and they seemed extremely relieved to see me.

'Oh look, it's Leigh. Hopefully, she has something important to say.' Jesy says and Perrie pouts.

'Where's Bonnie-Anne??' Jade asks.

'She's with Shawn, she's been clutching his arm like someone is gonna try and steal him.' I reply.

'You can't blame her though.' Perrie says.

'Look, Bonnie's gone.' Jade says, pointing towards Shawn who is now standing in a corner alone.

'Now make your move on Shawn but don't make it obvious or he'll get suspicious.'

'I got this.' Ava says as she struts towards Shawn.

*******************************

The story is gradually coming to an end...