CHAPTER 2

Jasmine

I hate surprise tests and that too with a passion. And right now, I'm holding on to, one of the reasons for this immense hatred C-. Maths...Ugh ... I really need to work harder to pass out of this school.

The second hour and I am already done, I just want to go home and sleep. I wish we had two weeks holiday after three weeks of school every month. That sounds so cool!!!

All of my day dreamings comes to a halt when all of a sudden the room became grave silent. Coming out of my trance, I was looking for the reason this class still need five minutes to start then what-

God! With all his aura of mystery and wrath to burn down everyone in the room, Alessandro walked in. Hot is an understatement for him. He is smoking hot! I can see most of the girls are swooning over him. I will be lying if I say I didn't fancy him but I guess 'The Looks' sometimes that he gives you when you stare him, can end any fantasy into ashes. Believe me, those kinds of laser beams can even burn down your soul.

He looked for a seat and spotted an empty spot next to me, god no please, please... let him exchange his seat with someone else. Please!!!!...

With a hard thud, he places his three heavy books on the desk and places himself on the seat.

It wouldn't have affected me on any other days but yesterday after Vanessa's warning and explanation about the whole chaos created by Alessandro, I can't help but panic, which did end up me breathing heavily.

I was sparing glancing at him, knowing he was staring right at me from his specs with his laser blue eyes and sure he noticed my heavy breathing, why not, after all, he was not seated far from me.

Jas you got this!!! You can't end up being killed because of a panic attack. I closed my eyes and thereafter two minutes I can breathe properly.

But I can still sense, his eyes on me. Yet I didn't dare to look at him.

You are my hero Mr. Ken. Our English teacher came in with lots of paper and with a student I guess he helped him carry those books that he has now placed them on the table. Why does he have so many books anyway? Is it for that project? Good, let it be a romantic one.

I forgot all about Alessandro, sitting right beside me that kinda effect books and especially romantic books have on me.

"Okay class, so today I'm going to give you a project, and you will get a time period of two weeks to complete this. And another thing you have to complete it with a partner". Mr. Ken pulled out a paper.

Please God give me Vanessa as my partner and a romantic novel too. If it won't be hard for you to complete my two requests together ...plzzzzz... If Van was here, she might have started jumping on her seat out of excitement, too bad she left for the graduation community meeting. As it is just four months apart, too much pressure from there.

"So as I said you have to complete it with the help of a partner and so is the representation and both will have to represent it in the class and I will be asking questions regarding the project so that to make sure you actually didn't force one person to complete the project".

Some low okay can be heard in the class with some people frowning their way to Mr. Ken, too bad they didn't share my enthusiasm.

"I want you to take this project very seriously" he sends glares to some students who were just had a bored expression on their faces.

"Okay! Now about your partners, the person who is sitting next to is your partner for the project, so it's random if you are not already sitting next to your best friend."

I looked around me, other than Alessandro; Charlie was sitting next to me. OK maybe, he will be my partner.

I was gathering all my energy to think positive. While Mr. Ken keeps on announcing the partners who were going to be working together. I was slowing praying to God, please... let it be Charlie.... and that's when I heard my name with Alessandro.

All the blood that I had in my body drained out, I can see stars falling in my eyes.

Before I could say or respond to anything to Mr. Ken, Alessandro was marching towards him. And he looks like he is going to explode.

"Mr. Ken, I don't need a partner, Am skillful and efficient enough to complete a project without anyone guidance".

That's what he said. In other words, he doesn't need me. I want to scream on his face 'the feeling is mutual' but I know better.

And what surprised me, even more, was that even though; he can be seen at the edge of destruction, he still spoke with a degree of respect with Mr. Ken. Well, always he does even when questioning teacher's eligibility in teaching. Weird but such a nerd thing to respect teachers although, it looks like he wants to kill him right now, he is a nerd with a twist.

"No can do, and you know I hold a reason for working together theory for this project so Mr. Caesar gets back into your seat and be polite with the young lady". Mr. Ken said with a smiling face looking at me and a murders look from Alessandro. Great, Jasmine you hard a good time while living on this earth until now.

While glaring at me, he came and sits at his seat. So now I can sense through my skin the huge amount of hatred and anger radiating from his body.

Everyone, please pray for my soul.

I was sinking in my seat. He was behaving like a bull in the ring, struggling to get his opponent's head anytime. He rushed out of the class as soon as the bell rang. Jeez, I have to work with him, how am I gonna put up with his fury is still a mystery.

***************†**************
Please don't forget to vote, share, and comment. Thank you so much ;)