[15] - Our Faults

alex | stranger

*

"I did it."

"You did it?"

"I did it."

"That's awesome, Alex!"

"I feel a lot better now, like a weight has been lifted off my chest. He said he'd been cheating on me—I don't even care anymore. I had a feeling but didn't want to admit it to myself."

"So, what now?"

"I'm gonna finish off this school year and move to Eastmoor and continue my education."

"I wish I could say I'd be there but I'm gonna take a gap year and start training to be a paramedic."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Cam convinced me. I've always had a knack for helping people, now that I think about it."

"Knack? Who says that anymore?"

"Me, obviously. I'm gonna make it cool again."

"I'm sure you will..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I like giving food to the homeless, volunteering in soup kitchens, and in general just like making a difference I guess..."

"You don't have to be embarrassed. I think that's pretty cool."

"Really?"

"Heck yeah. Anyone would be dumb to think otherwise."

"You're so nice. I wish I knew you in pers—"

"No you don't—don't say that."

"Why not?"

"Because...I'm just...not someone that you'd want to be seen with."

"Alex..."

"It's true Stranger. I'm ugly—a freak. I'm one of those nerds that watches reruns of The Flash and gets emotional over Marvel movies."

"I cry at the end of Infinity War."

"Every time."

"There's nothing wrong with being a nerd."

"I wear glasses and all the shirts I own have some stupid science joke or TV show reference on them."

"Girls with glasses are cute. And I have shirts like that too."

"I'm not white."

"So?"

"I also snore in my sleep, like really loud. It's annoying. You can ask my roommate."

"That's ok."

"I can be bipolar at times."

"Everyone is a little bipolar."

"Stop doing that."

"Doing what?"

"Stop trying to make my faults out to be something good. They're the reason everyone walks away from me."

"Your faults make you who you are, Alex. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Why are you doing this...?"

"Because. Until you realize how amazing of a person you are, I'm staying. I'm gonna convince you no matter how long it takes."

"That's gonna be a hell of a long time then."

"Fine by me."

*
Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not updating. Just been caught up in homework and PSAT's.

Overview:
• Alex is free of that asshole but still struggles with being self conscious.

Don't forget to:
<<< Follow me >>>
<<< Comment what you think >>>
<<< Vote if you liked this chapter >>>
<<< Share this story with your friends >>>
<<< Add this book to your reading list to get updates >>>

Till next time

❤️