Bonus Chapter (1)

alex | ariel + other | oliver (stranger)

*

Across the street from Eastmoor University is a thriving coffee shop named King's Cafe. Their grand reopening from the once dependent college center to its own business brings in many customers a day. Following the trend of everything new, their outfits, inspired by an energetic employee, draws the attention from outside. Black shirts with gold crowns on the left heart pocket as well as fake, but real looking gold crowns atop their heads.

"Welcome to King's Cafe how may I serve you today?"

Alex smiles at the customer.

Over the past couple of months with the help of Oliver, his friends, and a psychiatrist, she's become the her she always wanted to be.

"Would you like whip cream on that?"

"No thank you."

"Alrighty. Five dollars and thirty four cents. Your order will be ready in a few minutes."

She looks around at all the smiling faces and sighs happily. Never before have things turned out this well. Sometimes Alex is afraid that one wrong event could throw all of her hard work in the trash. Yet, it's because of what she does and who's she's surrounded by that makes all of her worries disappear.

"If you smile any harder, your face is gonna get stuck like that."

A fellow coworker and good friend Ariel laughs. Everything from the dyed red hair to the mermaid esque makeup screams how much of a fan she is of The Little Mermaid. Children ask for pictures every other day, but she loves the attention.

"Today's just a good day Ariel."

"You say that eeeeevery day."

"Because they have been good days."

"No one—besides you—wakes up at five o'clock in the morning to get here early just so they can watch the sunrise from behind the counter."

"Not everyone's a bat like you, Ar."

Alex turns quickly to see Oliver and Cooper walk inside wearing their EMT uniforms. While Ariel drools over one of the annoying roommates she sees on a daily basis, Alex can't help but look at Oliver. Instantly, her heart beat quickens.

"H-Hey. How was training today?"

"It was...eventful. This dumbass here got to play the victim in a shooting. He really should've pursued a career in acting. Wouldn't stop screaming in fake pain for like fifteen minutes. Pretty sure all of Eastmoor heard him."

"Oh I thought that was a cat getting run over...over...and over."

Oliver laughs, leaning against the counter and looking at her with so much adoration that everyone but her can see.

"Hey so uh...do you have to go to headquarters after work?"

"No. My schedule changed so I work every day after my shift here besides on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

"Perfect."

"Why?"

"I rented End Game and was wondering if uh... if you'd like to w-watch it with me. We've got popcorn, Chinese food, and LED lights."