[30] - Whatever It Takes...

alex | stranger

*

She winces as the white bandages rub against her wrists currently covered by a grey long sleeved shirt. Depression comes in all shades of color, some may not be visible, and those are the most dangerous of all. You appear to be strong in front of others but that's only a cover so they don't suspect that something is wrong. Why do that? Most living with this don't like to bother people about their problems. Some don't want help...

———————————————————————
Incoming Call From: Stranger
———————————————————————

"Uh...hey, Alex."

"I know it's been awhile and I'm sorry for that."

"Don't be, it's alright. I understand."

"..."

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm...I'm getting there. I'm ok. It's weird, really."

"What do you mean?"

"He's never been in my life before and I can't help but feel...sorry for him. Shouldn't I be mad—I mean I am...mad and everything. I just can't seem to figure out how I feel recently."

"I understand."

"..."

"Hey so...you came here and talked to Coop? Why didn't you come inside?"

"The truth? I was scared—nervous. I figured you wouldn't want to see me though, considering everything. That's why I left the gift basket with him so he could give it to you."

"You could have come in. I would've...I wouldn't have minded if you did."

"You want to meet me?"

"Of course. I want to put a face to the voice I enjoy hearing almost every day."

"It's nothing special..."

"..."

"You ok?"

"Yeah."

"..."

"Alex..."

"What?"

"Don't you lie to me."

"I'm not—"

"Everything is fine."

"I've heard your voice for months and coming to understand different moods just by listening is second nature by now. Somethings wrong. Please tell me so I can help."

"Just worry about your dad, Stranger. Don't worry about me."

"Not possible. It would be weird for me to ignore signs of how sad and depressed you are."