[20] - Too Far Gone

roommate | alex | declan

*

"Hey Alex?"

"What?"

"Can you come here for a sec?"

"I'm kinda busy writing my final—"

"Someone's at the door for you."

"..."

"Who?"

"Just come here."

"If I fail, I'm blaming you."

"They're at the door. So I'm just gonna...lock myself somewhere and wait for the storm to blow over."

"What are you—"

"You..."

"What the FUCK are you doing here?"

"Alex..."

"No. Just no. Go away. I don't want to see your fucking face or hear your stupid ass voice again."

"Alex please..."

"Just let me talk."

"Ha. Let you—let you talk? Why should I?"

"I—"

"You're only the guy that abused me for months, cheated on me for god knows how long, and made rumors about me that I'm fucking diseased and pregnant! So, why should I let you talk, huh? What gives you the right?"

"I know that I've been a horrible person, and an even worse boyfriend...I know what I did was wrong—"

"You're not hoping to get back together after making some 'poetic' speech about how much of an asshole you are, right?"

"No. I've lost my chance, I understand that. It doesn't matter how much I miss kissing your lips or holding you in my arms...it's my fault things are the way they are now."

"Oh don't beat yourself up about it..."

"..."

"Kidding. Go on."

"Anyways, the reason I'm here.."

"Can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Why? Why did you cheat on me?"

"I was...drinking a lot, smoking, and...having affairs to try and get rid of the pain I felt from losing Erin. He was the world to me. We use to do everything together. Hunting, mudding, hiking, and making grandma's special recipes."

"The spaghetti one was her favorite, I remember that."

"Yeah. You and Erin helped me once she died, like...two months after we got together. But losing him...I just couldn't...anymore. I was too much of a bitch to kill myself or ask for help."

"Why didn't you talk to me about being so depressed?"

"I could have..."

"I know, and I should have. By the time I realized how much it hurt, I was already too far gone. There were so many times I..wanted to end it all—I was too scared to actually do it, though. Alcohol and weed became my new way to not feel that agonizing ache in my heart. And, once that old part of me was gone I...I started being the man I always feared of being. I never wanted to hurt you Alex...I-I'm so so sorry."

"I loved you Dec...through all of it, even when you pushed me to the ground."

"I loved you too...I did—I still do."

"Dec—"

"I know—I know. Just...promise me you'll find someone that'll treat you like the amazing, beautiful queen you are. Find someone that is a way better man than I could ever be. P-Promise me, alright?"

"I..."

"..."

"I promise."

"I'm sorry again, and I know no sorry will ever be good enough for everything I've done. I hope in time you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

"Goodbye, Alex..."

*

Wow this gave me a serious kick in the heart.

Why do I do this to myself lol

Overview:
• Declan came over and apologized to Alex.

Questions:
•Would you give him another chance?
• Do you think the death of a family member is a good enough excuse to hit a woman and cheat on her?
• Could you find it in your heart to forgive him?

Until next time

❤️