[25] - Imperfections

alex | stranger

*
———————————————————————
Incoming Call From—
———————————————————————

"I-It happened so fast..."

"They came out of no where..."

"...Alex?"

"One of the girls had to go home early. Her daughter is really sick and needed to be taken to the hospital. So, I told her I'd close. By the time I left it was—maybe...nine? Late enough for the street lamps to be on."

"Slow down. What happened? Are you ok?"

"There was four of them. Girls—I think. One had to be Chelsey. And—And they started to back me into a corner, saying these horrible things..."

"What were they saying...?"

"Things I've accused myself of already. That I'm responsible for HIS death and how I deserve to go to hell. Chelsey she...she threw the first punch. The others must've joined in because before I knew it, they were walking away laughing, leaving me to sit there...bruised but not broken. I was broken before they ever approached me..."

"Show me."

"W-What?"

"Show me what they did, Alex."

"S—"

"Please.."

"..."

"Fine."

Alex is typing...
Image sent.
Read at 11:04 PM

"Alex..."

"It doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would.."

"Don't you dare lie to me."

"..."

"Let me pick you up."

"What—no."

"I can help you."

"I don't need help, Stranger."

"Alex—are you kidding? You're covered in bruises! You were just jumped and probably haven't even called the cops yet!"

"Why would I do that when I could get taken to jail for not telling the truth?"

"It. Wasn't. Your. Fault."

"He came to me! I was the last person he saw before he killed himself! You don't know what it feels like to-to know he would still be alive if I told him to stay...but now, a mom and dad lost both their sons and half of it is my fault."

"I understand your guilt, but I don't think you understand why he came to you. His intent wasn't for you to blame yourself, he was trying to right the wrongs that he did, right?"

"Dec was..he was trying to apologize to me b-but I wouldn't let him. I-I was being s-so mean I—"

"..."

"He wanted me to eventually find it in myself to forgive him."

"Do you?"

"..."

"Y-Yeah? Yes, I do. I understand now why he did the things he did. I just wish..that—we talked about what happened—with Erin."

"..."

"Part of me though..."

"What?"

"Part of me is still...angry. Angry that he hurt me and hooked up with someone else while we were together. Is that wrong?"

"Absolutely not. You've been through so much and I'm...I'm proud of you."

"How? There's nothing to be proud of."

"You broke up with him to benefit your future—"

"Then let him kill himself."

"Stop. There's no fucking way you could have known what he was going to do, so just stop. Declan didn't do what he did because you left him, he did it because of the incident with his brother and how that made him feel."

"But—"

"No. No buts. You are an innocent god damn human being that should really start loving herself because you're smart, pretty—"

"You haven't even seen me—"

"—even though I haven't seen you before, and are close to perfect. The one thing? You don't love yourself. The sooner you start to, the brighter everything will become. The better your days will get. And the less time you'll be wasting on looking through the fog."

"Do you love yourself, Stranger?"

"..."

"We're talking about you, not me."

"That's not the point. I asked you a question."

"I don't know how to answer that."

"With a yes or no."

"..."

"...No, no I-I don't. Guess I'm kinda being hypocritical, huh?"

"No, we both just have our own imperfections."

*
I don't hate how this turned out. Anddd it's been like one of the longest chapters of this book so far at six hundred something.

Overview:
- Alex got jumped by Chelsey and a group of girls after work. Despite Strangers advice, she doesn't call the police.

Don't forget to:
Vote
Comment
Share
Add this book to your library

Until next time

❤️