[37] - Delivered

alex | cooper

*

White walls. Bare rooms. A box of ramen in the cupboard. Moving in to an apartment was suppose to be different and better than living in a cramped dorm room with a roommate that never shut up about her ability to repel men like the plague. Though it is roomier and much, much quieter, there's a constant dullness that floats around Alex with every step she makes across the polished wooden floor boards.

A few boxes lay open but only serve the purpose of holding her clothes as laziness and procrastination keep things from getting put away.

—————————————
Message From: Cooper
—————————————

Hey Alex.

Can you pick up your phone?

We need to talk.

They've been texting her for days, wondering where she's gone. Alex doesn't have the energy anymore to try, to pick up her phone letting them know everything is ok. But, that's not the case. Everything isn't. She has planned so many things for her future and it should only be one more week before hearing whether or not Morning Star News Headquarters accepted her application. Yet, Alex gets sadder by the day with little helping this heavy feeling that's constantly trying to suffocate her.

Alex, I'm serious.

Answer the damn phone.

Cooper is typing...

Stranger is getting really worried about you. Let us know that you're alive, at the least.

She sighs, knowing that her voicemail will continue to send notifications of being FULL and EMPTY NOW if she doesn't.

And when I say really worried, I mean like pacing around his room in the middle of the night not sleeping kind of worried. He thinks it's his fault.

It's not.

Then why haven't you answered any of his calls, or texts, or my texts?

Because.

I'm gonna need a little more than that from you. It's the least you could do.

"'The least I could do'." Alex scoffs, brushing off her irritation that came from the message. "Dickhead."

Look, I'm sorry. Him being stressed out, especially to this extent, is making us stressed. Like Cam hasn't been himself much either, doesn't make as much jokes because whether he admits it or not, he looks up to Stranger, as a brother. We all do. That being said, I need you to answer him, for both of your sakes.

I can't

Why

Because I just can't, ok?!

Not?

Cooper is typing...

This has something to do with the first night you called him, doesn't it?
- Read at 4:13 PM

Alex.

It's none of your business.

Please just tel me what's going on.
I might be able to help.

No one can help me.

...what is that suppose to mean?

She looks out the window of her balcony as rain begins to pour down upon the unsuspecting people below.

Nothing.

No, it's something.
- Read at 4:24 PM

A minute passes.

No, Alex. Please.

Please what?

I know what you're going to do...

Don't.

For the love of god, don't.

Alex is typing...

Did Stranger ever mention the time I was being called a murderer, and how they'd spray paint it across my dorm door? Or how I was jumped in the middle of the night by a group of girls that associated with my ex boyfriend? Or how about the time I had to move to Eastmoor just to escape their accusations, that I was the reason he committed suicide?

No?

Well that happened. Plus more. All of it leading up to right now.

Alex just please, hold on.

I'm tired of holding on.

Alex I swear.
- Delivered at 4:29 PM

Alex?
- Delivered at 4:30 PM

*

Oh
Snap.

Things are getting intense.

What's going to happen next?

Let me know your predictions in the comment section.

In the mean time,

don't forget to >

vote
comment
share this story
add to a reading list
and follow me for updates

Until next time

❤️