[41] - You Saved Me

Soft dark brown hair shaved on either sides, beautiful light blue eyes, milky white skin and tiny freckles spreading from one cheekbone to the other. The mere sight of him makes Alex's heart skip a beat as she comes out of the bathroom in sweats and a baggy long sleeved sweatshirt.

"Thank you for the clothes..."

He turns to her and smiles the cutest smile she's ever seen.

"I'm sorry that we uh—that we don't have anything more your...size."

"Are they yours?"

Stranger rubs the back of his neck causing his arm muscles to flex.

"I—yeah, they are. Does that make you uncomfortable?"

"N-No. No, not at all. I like them."

An awkward silence fills the air.

"Here let's sit."

They both take a seat on the bed, closer than they had been standing moments before.

"I know today has been...a lot. And uh...and that you're...that...wow. It's a lot easier to talk to you over the phone."

Stranger laughs as pink begins to tint his cheeks. This makes her heart beat faster, filling Alex up with a feeling she's never felt before.

"Ok so...I just..."

"Let's start off with introductions."

She holds out her hand.

"Hi, my names Alex."

He chuckles slightly but takes her hand in his, liking the way they seem to fit perfectly together.

"O-Oliver."

"Nice to meet you, Oliver."

"So um..."

"We're you really going to..."

"I was. I wanted to because I thought it would make me happy, make everyone happier—"

"That's not true. I would've—I would've broke down—especially if I was too late to get to you..."

"I was so worried Alex..."

"I don't want you to think it was your fault."

"I..."

Oliver looks down at his hands.

"I wasn't sure what to—"

Alex grabs them in hers and holds on tight.

"I-I'm so glad you're here."

"I'm here because you saved me."

"It's not the first time you have either."

"That first time you called me I was at the same spot, sitting the same way, thinking hard about every decision I've made in my life. But this time, I had more holding me back, all of the things that I would regret just...slamming through my head. One reoccurring thought was you and how you would feel if I left. But, my selfishness almost won. I really wanted to leave because I thought I let you down."

"You haven't—you couldn't. That's not even possible."

Tears threaten to spill out of his baby blue eyes, making Alex want to hold onto him and never let go, but seen as they technically just met, she refrains from doing so.

"I know that now. I just wish I could take back today, besides the meeting you part, so you wouldn't of had to go through that. I'm so, so sorry Ollie."

He rubs her knuckles, smiling slightly.

"You called me Ollie."

"Oh I-I'm s—"

"No, it's ok. I like it. A lot."

"I..."

"..."

"This is gonna sound weird."

"I like weird."

"I feel like I've known you forever."

"I wish I did—know you forever. I bet you were a cute kid."

This makes her chuckle.

"Oh god, did I say that out loud?"

"Yeah, ya kinda did."

"Dang, I'm just an awkward mess around you."

"I like awkward messes."

"You said that out loud."

"I know."

They spend awhile looking at each other, but unlike earlier, all the awkwardness floods from the room. And somehow, they're even closer than before.

"I should uh...I should let you get some sleep."

He begins to leave but Alex catches his hand.

"Don't go, please."

"Or at least stay with me until I fall asleep? I don't want to be alone."

"Y-Yeah of course."

Alex shuffles under the thick grey blanket, feeling more comfortable and tired than she's been in a long time. Oliver sits back against the headboard next to her, unable to look away from the beautiful girl next to him.

"Hey Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"That letter. You only wrote it to me. Why?"

"After shutting out my family and going to college, they had no idea how I was doing or what I was going through. I mean, they'd of course call, sometimes I'd answer to fill them in on things, but besides like once a month, I didn't talk to them, especially about my feelings."

"But it was different with you. I was able to tell you things I'd be too afraid to say to my parents. And I knew that you would find me, to save me from myself."

"I'll always be here for you"

"Thank you...Ollie."

"Go to sleep, you need it."

"Will you be here when I wake up?"

"Of course. Anything you want."

"Goodnight Ollie."

He smiles, subconsciously stroking her soft brown curls.

"Goodnight Alex."

*

I can't believe it guys, this is it. This is the end of Save Me, Stranger. Well, the official end at least.

I'll try to add a bonus chapter or two, along with an authors notes talking about this books purpose. But I'm going to mark this book complete right after this is published so stick around for that.

I am so happy with it's turn out.

Please stick around for more of my other stories that will be coming out.

Don't forget to:

vote if you liked this chapter
comment what you think/what you want to see from me
share this with your friends
follow me for updates and new stories

Until next time guys

❤️