thirteen

Thirteen - Windows

I could only let out a quiet moan when I felt his sweet tongue press against my bottom lip, urging me to part my lips so his tongue could slip inside and meet mine.

His mouth tasted sweet like raw honey, but that thought slipped from my mind completely when I felt his hips press forward. We were skin to skin, completely naked and wet with sweat and spit.

I circled my legs around his hips, wanting to feel what I had been so desperate to feel against my heat. I couldn't see him but I could feel his light, teasing breaths caressing the skin between my breasts. He was everything I ever wanted. Everything I had ever dreamed of.

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of a knock on the door, followed by a woman's voice calling my name. "Miss Fawn, are you awake?"

I huffed as I opened my eyes and sat up. My fingers danced over the soft fabric of the bed cover. For a moment I looked around in confusion, wondering why my bedroom had transformed into something that looked like it was taken right out of Pinterest.

It wasn't until Genevieve entered the room that I realized I wasn't home. I was in Xander's home. All the questions started pouring into my head again.

"Good morning, Miss Fawn. Are you ready to have your bath?"

I pressed my back against the headboard harder, still not believing I had been kidnapped by a vampire. How hadn't I noticed he was one when I was working at the asylum?

Looking back at it now, it was so obvious he wasn't... human. The way he had handled himself at the asylum and the impossibly fast healing was more than enough indication that there was something more to him than what meets the eyes.

"I'd prefer a shower." I didn't really feel like taking my time in a bathtub. Bathing was something you couldn't rush. I was far too impatient to soak myself in a tub for hours. I needed to see Xander again. I had too many unanswered questions.

Genevieve only nodded as she pulled the curtains to the side. My eyebrows automatically raised when I saw the bay window and cushioned window seat stacked with pillows. I didn't exactly like being kidnapped but being locked in this huge mansion was far better than getting kidnapped and getting locked in a dark, wet basement.

I couldn't suppress the urge to stand up to look outside the window. I didn't pay much attention to how cold the floor was underneath my bare feet and padded right down to the window seat. Genevieve was busying herself with cleaning the bed so I took my time to scout the view.

The sky was gloomy and covered in angry, grey cloud. It wasn't particularly something I really minded but I would've liked a little bit of sunshine to cheer me up, especially after so unexpectedly being taken into a stranger's house and then finding out it wasn't a stranger at all. Let's also add the fact that he had confessed he was a vampire.

I could see the garden better now that it was daytime, though. I trailed my eyes across the forest line just behind the garden. There was a narrow stone pathway from the garden into the forest but the tall trees didn't allow me to see anything beyond the trees lined up. I leaned closer toward the window to look at where the forest line ended but it seemed as though it stretched to the right and left endlessly.

My attention was brought to the weeping willow tree in the garden. I could hear the birds chirping away but the thick leaves that hung down from the branches were too thick, not letting me see anything beyond it.