twenty-three

Twenty three - Discoveries

"Come," Xander spoke.

I walked alongside him, enjoying the warmth that radiated off of him. He looked mesmerizing under the moonlight, just like any other night when I had the pleasure of seeing him. I had missed him. By this point in time, I knew I was in one of those recurring dreams I had of him, but that didn't stop my heart from racing whenever I studied his features. He was so damn beautiful.

"You have the coin, I hope."

I nodded, still a little hypnotized by our close proximity. I could smell him and breathe him in like he was entangled in the air that I was inhaling right at that very second. "I know this is just a dream." I didn't want to seem sad but it showed through my voice anyway.

He smirked, but there was a certain kind of sadness that blanketed his silver eyes. "You're smarter than you look, it seems," he teased.

We continued to walk along the forest path in silence. I knew there wasn't much time so I grabbed his arm and stopped him in his tracks. He stopped a foot in front of me but didn't turn back. Instead, he hung his head down like someone would do when they were trying to show their disappointment.

"Xander, are you okay?" It was only a dream and we were the only people in it so I didn't hold back from saying his name. I noticed that the fog around us started to thicken. It was getting oddly cold, but I didn't feel scared. Xander was there with me.

He turned back to look at me, his eyes almost glossy with tears. It never trickled down his face, though, not even when he fully turned his body to face me. We stayed like that for a while, only staring at each other. I didn't know what he was thinking and I never was one to read people's emotions, but right at that very moment, I didn't want the dream to be over. Just standing that close to him felt like heaven on earth.

"I couldn't protect you, Ophelia."

My nose stung from oncoming tears. "It's not always your job to protect me, Xander. This was my fault." I didn't want to think about the reason why I was talking to someone in my dream, but I wanted him to know, even if it wasn't really him.

His expression changed. "It is my responsibility. A promise that I couldn't even keep. If I knew Elijah would... If I knew..."

"There's no point talking about the past."

He lunged at me and I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the fall. The thud of my back connecting against the forest floor never came, though, and instead, I found myself laying on Xander's bed back in his mansion in Deathfall.

Xander was lying on top of me in between my legs, propped up on his elbows to keep himself from crushing me with his full weight. I arched my back and the comforting warmth of his clothes immediately pressed against my naked front.

My eyes widened as I looked down. I was naked and he was not. I immediately tried to cover myself up but I quickly found out that both my arms were handcuffed to the bedposts. My legs weren't restrained, though, so I took the chance to wrap them around his hips. 

He eased himself down on me, much to my satisfaction. The growing bulge in his pants brushed against me and I clamped my jaw to hold the moan stuck in my throat begging to pass my lips.

"Look at you, trying to stay all quiet." He smelt of lemongrass and rain. He wrapped his arms around me and pressed his hot palms against my back, pulling me even closer than I thought was possible. His sharp teeth grazed against the soft skin of my neck, and my lips parted in a quiet whimper that was almost inaudible. I quickly shut my mouth again, though, and tried to hum as quietly as I could every time he rolled his hips against mine.