forty-six

Forty six - Love

~Mature content

Time seemed to stop when I looked up at him. There was no more sound. No more movements. We were frozen like that—looking at each other. Neither of us moved or said a thing.

Then I realized that it wasn't the time that had stopped, but it was simply just because neither of us could do or say anything.

Then it occurred to me that maybe he didn't feel the same way. My stomach seemed to drop at the thought. I could feel the blood draining from my face as I continued to anticipate his response.

I'd kill to hear him say something. Just do something. Shift. Blink. Do something!

Then his lips parted. "I'm..."

I prepared for the worst. He was going to reject me. He was going to tell me he didn't feel the same way and that all this time, it had only been because he was trying to protect me.

I could feel the words coming. I wanted to close my eyes but I couldn't. He was still lying on top of me. His heat comforted me a little but it was nothing compared to the fear I felt as I waited and waited and waited.

It seemed like days went by until he spoke again. "I love you."

I couldn't do anything but smile as my stomach fluttered. My eyes brimmed with tears.

"You're crying." He softly spoke as he gave a gentle kiss to my temple.

"They're happy tears." That was all that I said before pulling him closer toward me so I could kiss him.

It was a soft kiss at first. I could barely feel his lips on me as we kissed. I shifted when I felt that both of us were getting greedier and more desperate to have more.

I sighed when I felt him massage my breast, carefully pinching the nipple and twisting it gently.

"Xander, take your shirt off."

He complied, shrugging off his dress shirt and throwing it away. I roamed my hands on his back and then his abs. He leaned into my touch every single time. "God, Ophelia, I love you so much."

"I want you," I mumbled almost breathlessly into his ear.

"You have me."

He ripped the rest of my nightgown, leaving me bare except for my crimson underwear. He glanced down and then urged for me to put my legs around him. His fingers ghosted over my chest and then my stomach and then finally down to the inside of my thighs. He was careful not to scrape his fingernails too hard on my skin.

He leaned down to press his mouth to my ear. "Are you wet for me?"

I clamped my jaw shut in surprise. "Yes."

"Would you like me to touch you?" He teased me through my panties, rubbing slow circles with his fingers.

I reached down for his wrist but he quickly used his free hand to grab my wrist and pin them beside my head. "Xander, just please..."

"Shh, Ophelia. Just close your eyes and feel."

I curled my toes, giddy for what was to come. I did as he said and closed my eyes before letting my head fall back onto my plush pillow. My wrist was still pinned by his strong hand and I clenched my hand into a fist, desperate to hold something for support.

His hand withdrew from my panties. "Keep your eyes closed," he ordered softly.

The way he said it was authoritative and I didn't dare even peek through my eyelashes. I kept my eyes closed shut even though I was dying to see what he was going to do to me next.