Prologue

"If I could just turn back the time
When you're here beside me hearing your hums
Everytime it seems like you're not around
Hearing your voice makes me calm

I want to be in your arms
To feel your hug so warm
Like the sunset shines in the morning
To touch the flowers keep on blooming

I miss you everyday and night
Wishing to the stars that you're alright
Come, I want to hold you tight
Lessen the longing in my heart."

My classmates gave me a round of applause when I finished reading my poem written on a piece of paper. I was so glad that they liked it, because that poem was made for my parents.

"Thank you, Miss Frances. You may now take your seat," ani Ma'am Quiroz sa akin.

Ngumiti ako sa kanila bago muling bumalik sa upuan ko. Nasalubong ko ang tingin sa akin ni Dylan dahil magkatabi lamang kami ng upuan. "That was wonderful," nakangiting sabi niya at tinaas ang kamay sa akin. I also raised my hands, and our palms bumped together.

"Thanks."

"Storm Dylan Hunt, you're next," Ma'am Quiros announced.

"Good luck!" I told him.

Dylan stood in front of the class and then spoke, "My poem is about my heartfelt for someone."

My classmates began to murmur, especially those girls who had a crush on him. Well, almost all the girls here liked him because Dylan was more than good looking, knowing that he was smart and very talented. He was a total-package-guy. Who wouldn't admire him? I was so lucky to have a best friend like him.

Some of my classmates teased him to Kyline because they knew that Dylan was courting that girl. 'Yun din ang pagkakaalam ko dahil naikwento niya na sa akin 'yon minsan.

Everybody fell silent when Dylan cleared his throat as the sign that he would start. He was good at everything so I already concluded that his poem would be awesome.

"Loving you is the best decision I made
I promise that my love will never fade
You're the one who's behind this rhyme
But this time isn't the right time

I will wait for the day until you are ready
I promise that you're the one I will marry
I will love you eventhough it is hard and risky
So that the two of us will be happy

Always remember that I'm always by your side
Because my love for you is infinite and wide
I dont care if you're not so smart
I just want to love you with every beat of my heart

The words of this poem is not enough
To show how I love you from bottom to top
Before I end this short poetry,
I just want to say that I love you endlessly."

Halos mamatay sa kilig ang mga kaklase ko; maging ang teacher namin ay napangiti na rin, habang ako naman ay nanatili lamang na nakatingin kay Dylan nang may pagkamangha. The rhyme of his poem was so good!

I turned my eyes on Kyline. She was smiling from ear to ear and even blushing. She was very lucky, knowing that the poem was made for her.

Napuno ng sigawan at kantiyawan ang buong klase, kasabay ng palakpakan. Pilit na ngumiti lamang ako at sumabay sa palakpak.

All I could do was to support Dylan as his best friend, eventhough I wasn't used to see him happy with other girl besides me. From this day, I needed to accept the fact that Dylan and I couldn't stay together forever because time would come that he would need to find the love of his life, and I'd find mine so.

I turned my eyes back at Dylan. I was stunned when I realized that he was staring at . . . me.