Chapter 14: Out of the Blue

New teachers, new friends and new surroundings again. Starting my day as a college student was more exciting for me than when I became a high school student, though some said that high school life is more memorable. It became so easy for me to adjust, because maybe, I was friendly. I've actually met two ladies who were named Devon and Kendra. They were my classmates and they became my close friends inside the university.

Dylan and I barely saw each other at the school because we had different schedules, but I always heard his name from the students. He became so famous there and even in social media. Maybe, that was the reason why he became so busy. We never had time together ever since our class had started. I was trying to understand him but not until when . . .

"OMG! Storm is coming," mahinang sabi ni Devon sa amin ni Kendra habang naglalakad kami sa path way ng university.

Nakita ko nga si Storm na naglalakad pasalubong sa amin. He was with two boys. I thought they were his classmates. I felt happiness because I couldn't recall anymore when was our last bonding together. I missed him.

"Dylan," bati ko sa kanya, pero nagtaka ako nang tipid lang siyang ngumiti at mabilis na nag-iwas rin ng tingin bago ako nilampasan. Ni hindi man lang niya ako binati pabalik. Napatigil ako sa paglalakad at napasunod sa kanya ng tingin. I felt the pang of pain in my chest while I was staring at his back.

"Do you know him, Demi?" Kendra asked me.

He's actually my best friend, sagot ko sa tanong nito sa isip ko. "We're neighbors," tipid lang na sagot ko rito.

Matapos ang pangyayaring iyon, nagsimulang sumama ang loob ko kay Dylan. I found what he did so rude. It was equivalent to humiliating me in front my two new friends. I doubted that it was his mood wings.

***

Our first semester ended. Mas lalong naging matunog ang pangalan ni Storm nang sumapit ang second semester dahil habang tumatagal mas lalo siyang nakikilala, not just because of his talents, but also because of his physical appearance. No one could ever deny that he was really handsome, and that was the reason why his fame became so fast. Few people hated him, but a lot people loved him. Ganoon naman kasi ang kasikatan. Not everyone will love you. But believe it or not, I became one of his haters. Not because I didn't like him, but because he was starting to forget about the friendship we had.

Every time I thought of him, I felt sadness and longing because I missed him so much. I tried to visit him in their house, but Tita Thalia told me that he wasn't always around because he was busy with his career as a singer and musician. I even heard from some students that he was having gigs with some famous bands and he was already on the verge of having a concert with some popular singers. But because he was still studying and Tito Travis didn't want him to neglect his studies, for he was the future owner of the Hunt Company, he advised Dylan to reject some offers such as concerts.

After had taken our prelim examination, we had Christmas break. I stayed in my dorm while Auntie Jessie wasn't yet fetching me. She wanted me to celebrate Christmas together with her family, and I loved that idea. It's been a long time when I last saw my cousins.

While I was lying on the bed, my phone placed on the bed table suddenly rang. Inabot ko iyon at nakita ko roon ang isang unknown number. Gayon pa man, sinagot ko pa rin iyon.

"Hello?"

"Demi."

Napatigil ako nang marinig ko ang boses nito. The way he uttered my name I already knew who it was.

"Dylan?" kunot-noong sabi ko.

"Yeah, it's Dylan."

"Wow! After a thousand years, you finally mind to talk to me. Should I celebrate now?" I said with sarcasm but I felt my eyes moisten.