Chapter 30: Wait for the Future

Dylan was still alseep, hugging me. I gulped when I felt the dryness of my throat. I wasn't even feeling well. When I moved a little bit, I felt weak. I moved closer to Dylan and put my head on his chest. I felt him moved and touched my back. He was woken up.

"Good morning," he said in a gentle voice.

"Good morning," I replied without moving.

"You're a little bit hot."

"I know I'm hot," I joked though I knew that he was referring to my skin's temperature.

He let out a chuckle. "Seriously, are you okay?" he asked.

I tried to lift up my head to look at his face. I gave him a sweet smile. "Of course."

He held my head and kissed me on the lips; and then I sat up, trying to show him that I was okay, though I was not. I covered my body with the blanket. His brows furrowed when he noticed something on my shoulder. He sat up and touched it. I got rashes there.

"What's this?" he worriedly asked.

"I-it's nothing. Just an allergy," I reasoned.

He gave me a doubtful stare as if he wasn't convinced. "Are you sure?"

"Of course!" I said with a smile.

He just heaved a sigh. "I will call the doctor to check you."

I alarmed. "N-no need to. It's nothing. Mawawala rin 'to."

"I insist," he said and got off the bed.

My heart raced in fear.

***

The Ramirez's family doctor arrived at the mansion after we had our breakfast. My eyes were watering in fear, but I tried my best to hide it from Dylan.

Kasalukuyan akong nakahiga sa kama habang kinakausap ako ng doctor. Napatingin ako kay Dylan nang lumabas ito ng kwarto, kaya naiwan kaming dalawa ng doctor sa kwarto.

"These are the symptoms of leukemia, hija," he told me.

I quickly held the doctor's hand and gave him a pleading look. "I know I have leukemia. P-please, don't tell them."

He was surprised and his brows furrowed. "Baka ako ang masisi kapag may nangyari sa 'yo, hija."

"If something happens, then tell them the real reason. But not now, please. Don't tell anyone until I die."

"But--" he stopped when the door creaked open. It was Dylan who came back to the room.

"How's her, doc?" Dylan asked the doctor.

I looked at the doctor meaningfully when our eyes met. I was pleading.

"She's fine. You just need to check her food to avoid this allergy reaction," the doctor said. He looked at me with pity in his eyes. I just looked away.

Dylan heaved a sigh and nodded his head. "All right. Thank you."

***

"I'm very excited for your wedding," Tita Thalia said. They knew about Dylan's proposal. "We want to meet your parents, hija."

Magkatabi kami ng upuan ni Dylan sa hapag-kainan kaya naman nagkatinginan kaming dalawa. Kalaunan ay umiling siya at tumingin sa parents niya. "I'm so sorry to tell you, guys, that our wedding will be hidden from Demi's parents."

"Hindi ba tayo magkakaproblema riyan?" kunot-noong tanong ni Tito Travis.

Napatingin silang lahat sa akin. Natahimik ako at hindi nakapagsalita dahil alam kong magkakaroon ng problema kapag nalaman nina Mommy at Daddy ang tungkol dito.