Chapter 6: Crush Booth

"Every section of the third year and fourth year students should prepare a booth for the celebration of Heart's Day tomorrow. Whoever will win will receive a cash and plus grade direct to the card!" our class president announced with enthusiasm.

"Wooooh!" the whole class exclaimed.

"Silence for a while, please!" Ms. President said, so they fell silent. "Now, we would like to announce the concept or the booth we prepared for our section, and that is..."

Nag-abang ang lahat.

"The Crush Booth!" she finally said.

"Huh?"

"What?"

"Crush Booth?"

The whole class was filled with murmurs, while the others were just laughing and making fun of the concept like they weren't agree with it. I looked at Dylan. He was just silent.

Ms. President tapped the table trice before she spoke again, "Hep! Listen, everyone! Our adviser, Mrs. Panganiban, agreed with that concept."

"How is that Crush Booth, Ms. President?" I asked this time.

"Okay, ganito ang Crush Booth. Everybody knows that our section has campus crushes, and all the junior students are dying to see them and be with them. Therefore, through Crush Booth, they will have a chance to have a picture with their crush and have a question and answer with them with a . . . cost," she said with hand gestures and full of confidence. "Of course, they can also request their crush who are not belong in this section and we will kipnap the guy or girl for them. The pictures will be taken by our photographer, Lorence, and will be printed by us right away."

"Woah!" some of my classmates reacted, while some just nodded.

"So, we need your cooperation with this, especially to those persons who are involved in this booth like Storm Dylan Hunt, Prince Charls Montemayor and Olly Lozano; and sa mga girls natin ay si Dyna Caones, Demi Frances and Kira Gimenez."

Nagulat ako nang marinig ko ang pangalan ko. Nagkatinginan kami ng mga napili at isa roon si Dylan. His brows were a little bit furrowed. He mouthed, "No way."

I just looked at him meaningfully like I was saying "Wala tayong magagawa." Para naman kasi sa grade namin 'yon. Umiling-iling lang siya at bad trip na muling binalik ang tingin sa harapan. Napabuntong-hininga nalang ako.

I heard some girls sound excited for the booth, while some were curious about the result of it tomorrow.

"Are we clear now, guys?"

"Yes!"

***

I was waiting for Dylan outside his bedroom but he wasn't coming out so I knocked his door, because it was locked. "Hey! Dylan! Late na tayo!" sigaw ko sa kanya. Naka-uniform na ako at handa nang pumasok. Kailangan namin pumunta sa school ng maaga dahil ngayon ang Heart's Day celebration namin at gaganapin na ang Crush Booth na inihanda ni Ms. President para sa section namin.

I heard my phone ringing so I took it out of the pocket of my skirt and answered the call. It was Elaica.

"Hello, Demi? Nasaan na kayo? Hinihintay na kayo rito," anito sa kabilang linya.

"Pasenya na. Hinihintay ko pa kasi si Dylan."

"Okay. Pakibilisan nalang daw dahil kailangan ninyong mainform about sa flow ng booth natin. See you!" She ended the call. I just heaved a sigh.

Kakatok sana muli ako sa pinto nang biglang bumukas iyon at bumungad sa akin si Dylan na tila yamot. "I'm not attending that booth. Mauna ka na."

He was about to close the door but I stopped him, "Wait!" Napakunot-noo siya nang muntikan na akong maipit ng pinto.