Chapter 18: Love with a Reason

I kept myself updated on what was happening on social media. Fans were waiting for Dylan's tweet. They wanted to hear his feedback about his first ever concert, but he was quiet. They didn't know that Dylan was sick.

While I was scrolling down the posts and sitting on one of the benches in Lolo Max's garden, I heard a rustling sound behind me. I turned my head to find out who was coming. My eyes widened slightly when I saw Dylan. He wore a white jacket and black jogging pants.

"Why did you come out? Are you okay now?" I worriedly asked him.

"Yeah," he replied and then sat beside me.

I stared at him. I guessed he was really okay now because he looked vigorous unlike yesterday. He closed his eyes while sniffing the fresh air of the place, and then he opened his eyes. He looked at me. Isang tipid na ngiti nag nag-anyo sa labi niya.

"Do you want to see my favorite place?" he asked.

My brows furrowed a little bit. "I do, but you need to gain more strength. You might relapse."

"I'm okay now," he said, "Besides, I wanna go there."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

I just heaved a sigh and said, "Okay."

***

Storm and I brought some provisions with us and so that we could eat there. Our way was slightly uphill and we even crossed the brook where we went a while ago. We were riding a horse, so we quickly arrived at the place that Storm was talking about. It was a place were the clouds were seemed like reachable. The sky was foggy and it made the place looked magical. There were steel railings at the edge of the ground where there was a cliff. I could see the houses at the bottom, even though the fog was blocking the view a little bit. My jaw dropped in wonder while I was wandering my eyes around the place.

"Wow! Dylan! This is a great place!" I told Dylan. I held the railing while I was watching the view.

"Yes, it is," he said. I felt his presence behind me until I felt his hug from behind, leaning his chin on my shoulder.

As his best friend for a long time, I wasn't used to be hugged by him in that way, so I felt heat spread throughout my chest and into the roots of my hair in embarrassment. I bet I turned red. Kahit na malamig ang temperatura ng lugar, parang gusto kong pagpawisan. Nawala tuloy ang focus ko sa view dahil siya ang pinapakiramdaman ko.

"Feeling awkward?" he asked and let out a chuckle.

"H-hindi kaya ako sanay," pagtatapat ko.

"Then you need to get used to it from now on." I felt him kiss the side of my head before he let go of me.

Napasunod ako ng tingin sa kanya. Kinuha niya sa backpack na dala niya ang isang tela. Nilatag niya iyon sa damuhan at pagkatapos ay dinala niya muna roon ang mga pagkaing dala namin na nasa basket bago siya umupo roon. I knew it! We would have a picnic. Lumapit ako roon at umupo rin sa tela.

"Kirby and I did this already," he said while taking a nibble of his sandwich. He took me one and handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said, "You two are having a picnic here?" I asked.

"Yes."

I bit the sandwich and just nodded my head. I lifted up my eyes and looked at the sky. The clouds looked so beautiful, and I wanted to stare at it; therefore, when I finished eating the sandwich, I lay down and stared at the sky. All of a sudden I remembered Kyline, the girl whom Dylan liked. I still remember when Storm read his poem in front of the class. He was inlove with her, so how come he secretly loved me?