Chapter 25: Something Eternal

Dylan and I decided to live together but it wasn't easy because there were times that Auntie Jessie was visiting me in the dormitory and I wasn't around; I was staying in Dylan's place. The good thing was, I was good at making excuses. But, all of my sacrifices just to be with him was worth it, because living together with Storm was great. I already knew who he was when we were just best friends, but I didn't know that he could be more than what he was before. There was a character of him that would make you fall in love with him even more.

Now we were going to Hacienda Ramirez to attend a family gathering. Dylan and I were seated in the backseat while Tita Thalia was in the passenger seat and Tito Travis was driving.

"I'm hungry," I told Dylan in whisper.

"Medyo malayo-layo pa tayo," he replied.

I just pouted my lips and turned my gaze to the window, watching the clear sky.

Nagulat ako nang bigla niya akong halikan sa labi ngunit mabilis lang. "Sorry, I couldn't help. You look so cute," nakangising sabi niya.

I glared at him. He just smiled at me. Mabuti na lang mukhang tulog si Tita Thalia habang si Tito Travis ay diretso lamang ang tingin sa daan.

It was already afternoon when we arrived at the hacienda. Sa napakalawak na backyard garden ng mansion ang venue. A lot of different unfamiliar dishes and delicasies were prepared on the very long table there.

"Ate Demiiii!" Sinalubong ako ng tatlong magkakapatid na sina Mandy, Juddith and Wren. "We've missed you!" They hugged me.

"I've missed you too, guys," I told them. It had been years when I last saw them.

Naroon din ang iba pang mga kapag-anak ni Dylan. Hinila nila ako roon. "This is Demi, Kuya Storm's girlfriend," Mandy introduced me to her cousins. Some of them seemed like had a foreign blood.

"Hi, Demi!" they greeted me with a smile while waving their hands at me, while some offered their hands to me.

"Hey, Demi." Napalingon ako sa tumawag sa akin, at si Kuya Braydon ang nakita ko. Napangiti naman ako. "How are you? And how's your life as a medical student?" nakangiting tanong niya.

"It's really stressful, lalo na't fourth year na ako." I let out a chuckle.

"Yeah, but it's gonna be worth it in the end. Look at me. I'm a doctor now."

My eyes widened and my lips parted in surprise. "OMG! Really?" gulat na sabi ko.

"Yes. Last year pa," aniya.

"Wow! Congrats!"

"Thanks!"

"Excuse me." Napatigil kami nang dumating si Dylan. "May I interrupt you, guys, for a while?" he told Kuya Braydon. "I just need to introduce Demi to our relatives."

"Yeah, sure. Just see you later, Demi." He smiled at me.

Dylan took my hand and like what he said, he introduced me to his relatives. They were so glad to meet me and I had a little conversation with them. I felt a bit tension but I was happy. During the event, I had great moments with Dylan's cousins. We had fun. Through that, we got to know each other and they became close to me.

When night came, the event had a live band. The players were the two members of an international band where Kuya Brayden belonged. One was a vocalist who was named Kelly and one was a drummer who's named Cade. According to Dylan those two were lovers. Actually, I saw them on social media once. I wasn't just into bands. Kuya Brayden was their guitarist so he was the guitarist tonight. I realized that some relatives of Dylan were high personalities because he also had cousins who were models and social media influencers. Popularity was in their blood.