Chapter 15: Stay Together

After the shocking confession of Dylan, I just found myself awake all night. I couldn't sleep because a lot of things were bothering my mind. I was bewildered. Dylan's voice was still playing on my head:

"I love you, Demi . . ."

Did Storm just really said that? I thought. I couldn't believe it. My best friend was in love with me. Wasn't it disgusting? It was still eww for me.

I heaved a sigh and moved my body sideways as I was lying in bed. There I saw the concert ticket that Dylan dropped earlier. I took it and stared at it. I saw Storm's handsome face there. I just stared at his picture until I finally fell asleep.

***

All of the students in the university were talking about the concert. Most of my classmates were coming to the concert and they already had their tickets. According to the information attached on ticket, there were some celebrity guests that would join the event because they were Dylan's close friends. That was why everybody was interested.

"Demi, are you coming to the concert?" Kendra asked me.

"I don't know," I said while palming my chin.

"I'll buy a ticket for you," Devon insisted.

"No . . . you don't need to. It's just that . . ." I couldn't tell them about me and Dylan, so I just heaved a sigh. "I'm not his fan," sabi ko na lang para tigilan nila ako.

"Kahit na, Demi. It's just for entertainment. Just have some fun for a while. I've noticed that you always look gloomy," Kendra said.

I stared at them. They were concerned, and I felt sorry for not being transparent to them. Now, my conscience pushed to say, "Fine, I'll come," napipilitan na sabi ko.

There was a part of me that I wanted to see Dylan performing on the stage, though. It was never his fault that he fell in love with me, so I couldn't blame him if he became so mean to me. Maybe he just wanted to stay away from me because he was trying to restrain his feelings for me.

We decided to go to the mall after our class. We bought new clothes to wear for the concert. I didn't have a plan to buy those but Kendra and Devon were too persistent because they were trying to entertain me. They really thought that I was going through a heavy problem. Probably, I looked sad. That was why they noticed it. Well, that was how I felt from within.

***

The night of Dylan's concert came.

Kendra and Devon kept on calling me because it was already quarter seven, and I was still in the dormitory. The concert would start very soon.

"Demi, where are you now?" Kendra asked like she was in a hurry. I could hear the noise of the crowd in the background. "The concert will start now!"

"Susunod na lang ako. Just enjoy the concert. I'm just doing something," I said while writing on a cartolina paper and then I ended the call. Nang matapos ako, tinupi ko iyon at nilagay sa loob ng sling bag ko.

I hurriedly went out of the dormitory and took a taxi to go straight to the venue of the concert.

I surrendered my ticket to the person who was responsible for taking them and then the usher lead me to the place where I should go. The music was so loud and so as the crowd. They were shouting as the performance was going. I was looking at the stage as I walked near that place, trying to see Dylan. I saw him but I was being interrupted by the wild fans who kept jumping and screaming. Nakipagsisikan ako sa mga tao roon bago ako nakarating sa kinaroroonan ko. There I saw Kendra and Devon who were close to the stage. The usher directed me to my seat and I was surprised that it was next to Kendra. That was why I got Kendra's attention when I stood next to her. She hugged me; and when Devon saw me, she hugged me so.