Chapter 10: Tricked by a Genius

After what happened to me in the mango crop a earlier, we went back to the mansion, and here I was, lying on the bed while reminiscing how weird I was that moment. I sat up and touched the cloth, that contained ice, placed on the top of my head. I had lump. Unti-unti kong tinanggal sa pagkakadikit niyon sa ulo ko at nilapag sa bed table. I touched my scalp and the lump was still there. Ramirez family doctor already checked my condition and he said I was okay.

I decided to go out of the room. I heard the sound of piano coming from somewhere so I looked for it. The mansion was huge so I was clueless where that piano was located. While I was wandering around, it bacame clearer to me that it was from near the way to the garden so I took the way to the garden. There was a veranda there and I saw Lolo Max playing the old model of piano, an antique one. I thought it didn't need electricity. I listened to the piece that he was playing. It sounded an old song.

"Hey." Nagulat ako nang may marinig akong nagsalita sa likuran ko. It was Dylan holding two glasses of orange juice. "Enjoying the show?" nakangising sabi niya.

I nodded. "Yeah. I didn't know that Lolo Max can play piano. Sa kanya ka pala nagmana."

"Yeah." He walked past me and went to Lolo Max to give the glass of juice so Lolo Max stopped playing. "You have an audience," he said to Lolo Max.

Lolo Max turned his head to me. "Come here, hija," he told me. Lumapit naman ako sa kanya. "Can you sing?" he asked me.

"Uh . . ." I looked at Storm and saw him trying his best not to laugh. He knew how bad I was in singing like Kirby. Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin dahil doon. "I have a horrible voice, Lo," I honestly answered to Lolo Max.

"Storm." This time Lolo Max called Dylan.

"Yeah?"

"Sing this song. I know it's your favorite since when you were a kid. I've missed hearing your voice." Lolo Max told him and started to play the intro of the song.

"Okay," Dylan said and cleared his throat.

"Don't lose your way
with each passing day
You've come so far
Don't throw it away
Live believing
Dreams are for weaving
Wonders are waiting to start
Live your story
Faith, hope and glory
Hold to the truth in your heart

If we hold on together
I know our dreams will never die
Dreams see us through to forever
Where clouds roll by, for you and I . . ."

Lolo Max sang with him when he came to the chorus and that made me smile. It was so precious to see a grandchild and a grandfather singing together. I loved Storm's voice; it was so cool; while Lolo Max's voice was still nice though it was already old. I always heard that song from Dylan. He was singing it whenever he played his piano. I guessed the title of the song is "If We Hold On Together."

"Souls in the wind
Must learn how to bend
Seek out a star
Hold on to the end

Valley . . . Mountain
There is a fountain
Washes our tears all away
Words are swaying
Someone is praying
Please let us come home to stay . . ."

Dylan took a look at me while he was singing so I smiled at him. He smiled back at me.

"If we hold on together
I know our dreams will never die
Dreams see us through to forever
Where clouds roll by
For you and I

When we are out there in the dark
We'll dream about the sun
In the dark we'll feel the light
Warm our hearts . . . everyone