Chapter 36: Someone Else

I was watching Mommy cooking something for our lunch when I heard the doorbell rang. I paused and asked Mommy, "Do we have a visitor today?"

"That must be your Auntie Jessie."

I volunteered to open the door. Auntie Jessie emerged and startled me, "Surprise!" Nanlaki ang mga mata ko at naidala ang mga kamay ko sa bibig ko nang mapatingin ako sa batang babae na buhat-buhat niya.

The little girl wore a floral pink dress and white shoes, while her hair was in pony tail. Her pretty eyes were looking at me innocently. I could see the face of her father in her cute face.

"Shekinah! Oh my baby!" I exclaimed and shed tears of joys while taking her from Auntie Jessie. Oh my gosh, she was heavy. "I miss you so much, baby!" Pinapaliguan ko ito ng halik sa mukha. "Thank you so much, Auntie, for bringing her here," I thanked Auntie Jessie. She just smiled at me.

Si Auntie Jessie ang pansamantalang nag-alaga kay Shekinah habang nagpapagaling ako. Hindi rin kasi ito kayang alagaan ni Mommy dahil busy ito sa pag-asikaso sa akin. Inuwi ito ni Auntie Jessie sa Pilipinas, at sa video call ko lang ito nakakausap noon. Ang bilis ng panahon. She was now four years old.

"Yehey! Nandiyan na si Mommy!" Auntie Jessie used a baby talk to Shekinah.

I saw Shekinah looking at me with tears in her eyes, until she began to sob and a tear tickled her cheek; and then she put her arms around my neck to hug me. "Mommy!" she said between her sobs. I just hugged her back and kissed the side of her head. She'd missed me, too.

"Baby Shekinah!" I heard Mommy's voice. "Oh, bakit umiiyak?"

"Bless ka muna kay Lola Lizah," sabi ko kay Shekinah. She broke our hug and wiped her tears away through her tiny hands. Inabot naman niya ang kamay ni Mommy para magmano.

"Very good," ani Mommy.

We gathered in the kitchen to have our lunch, and that was the most happiest lunch I've ever had.

***

"Mommy, bakit di ka namin kasama ni Lola Jessie sa house?" Shekinah asked me while we were in my room, lying on the bed and hugging each other.

"I was sick, but I'm okay now." I smiled at her.

"Can I stay here with you forever?" she said in a pleading and sweet voice.

"Do you wanna live here with me?"

"Yes," she answered.

I smiled a bit. "Okay, we will live here with Lola Lizah."

"Yehey!" she said in a cheerful voice. "What about my Daddy?" she suddenly asked, which made me pause for a moment.

"I don't know yet," I replied.

"Where is he?"

"In a far place."

"Can I see him?"

"I don't know, but if we have a chance to see him, we will visit him."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Okay!" There was excitement in her voice.

I wonder kung anong magiging reaksyon ni Dylan kapag nalaman niya ang tungkol kay Shekinah. I knew he would get mad because I hid his child from him for how many years, but I was confident that he would forgive me.