Chapter Eighteen

After Ashton left I instantly packed my bags too. I took an old phone that nobody had the number from. I also took €4000 and left a note on the kitchen table.

I love you.

I'll miss you.

I put my backpack and bag into the pick-up truck that I got from my grandpa after he died and drove away. Far away.

They say it's not good to run away from things but I had to. I know I was hurting the people I love but this time, I couldn't get myself hurt. Nobody knew where I was. Nobody could call me. I was alone. I know how it is to be alone. I'll be fine.

A small town Texas. That is where I stopped. In front of a small motel. "A room for one person please." I told the old lady behind the desk. "Are ya all alone young lady?" She asked. "Well I want a room for one person I think I'm alone don't you think?" She sighed. "Listen if you want to make friends around here you better tone down that additude." I paid and she gave me the key. "Thanks." I said with a fake smile.

I walked around town looking for a job. I stopped at Marco's Bakery seeing a "Looking for staff!" sign. I walked in seeing a girl around my age standing behind the counter. "What can I get ya?" She chewed her gum so hard it might fall out. "I was wondering if the job is still available?" I asked her. "New around here?" I nodded. "Well have you ever been a casheer or ever worked in a bakery?" I thought about the few jobs I have had. "Uhm well I worked in a local shop once so-" She spit her gum out in the trashcan and cut me off. "Welcome to the team, uhm?" Should I say my real name? No I shouldn't. "Macy." I shook her hand. "Welcome to team, Macy."