The Female Titan and Flashback

To their surprise Levi fires a sound grenade.

Ravus: What?

Eren: A noise grenade?

Levi: What is your job? To just let yourself be swayed by whatever you're feeling at the moment? No, it's not. Our Squad's job is to keep the brats from getting a single scratch on them. Even if it costs our lives. We keep going on our horses, got it?

Petra: Roger!

Eren: Keep going? For how long? *looks back at the Titan* And it's right on top of us! Again!

A soldier appears again.

Eren: The reinforcements! If we don't help, they'll be wiped out again

Gunter: Eren, eyes on the road!

Eren: Sir!

Eld: Keep your pace up... Stay at top speed!

Eren: But, sir... Why?! If Squad Levi doesn't defeat it, who will?

The Female Titan smash the soldier into a tree.

Eren: Another one's dead... And maybe we could've saved him! *again another soldier appears* One's still fighting... We could still make it.

Petra: Eren... eyes back on the road! Keep going! 

Eren: Are you telling me to look away? To abandon my comrades and run?! Ravus! You can use your lightning to save them!

Ravus: Have you lost your mind?! If I do that, I could strike your soldiers too!

Petra: He's right and yes, that's right! Obey the Captain's orders!

Eren: I don't understand why we're leaving them to die! Or why he won't explain! Why?!

Aurou: That's because the Captain decided the reason should not be explained. You just don't understand because you're still green! If you get it, then shut up and obey!

At that moment, Eren realizes that he does not need to depend on the squad as he can fight on his own. Just as he is about to bite his hand,  

Petra: Eren!

Levi: You aren't wrong. If you want to, do it. I can tell. He's a real monster. And it has nothing to do with his Titan power. No matter what power you use to suppress him, no matter what cage you put him in, he will never submit to anyone. Eren, the difference between your decision and ours is experience. But you don't have to rely on that. Choose. Believe in yourself. Or believe in the Survey Corps and me. I don't know... I never have. I can believe in my own abilities or the choices of companions I trust. But no one ever knows how it will turn out. So choose for yourself whichever decision you'll regret least.

Eren looks back and wants to bite in his hand.

Petra: Eren! Have faith!

Flashback

Days before, Levi told Eren that he found a way to stop Eren in his Titan form without killing him. This method would only injure him as they would cut Eren out of the Titan's body. Levi remarks that any injured parts would grow back anyway, and when Eren complains about that, Levi tells him that he and the squad also take a risk as Eren may kill them in the process.

Out on the fields before a well

Ravus: You really think this is a good idea?

Hanji: Of course! Ready, Eren?

Eren climbs down into the dry well.

Hanji: When it's prepared, I'll use the smoke round to notify you. After that, any decisions are up to you.