Ruler of the Walls

Carsten: What the hell are you thinking, Erwin?! *holds him on the the collar* Keep the citizens in the city without evacuating?! By the time it's dawn, that Titan will be all over us!

Hange: That Titan is an Abnormal.

Carsten: What the hell does that even mean?!

Hange: The target Titan is strangely attracted to high concetration of people. And negativity thanks to that witch. Hence, Abnormal. It means the fellow will turn a blind eye to a small village, ignoring it in favor of reaching this fortified city.  If right now, you were to evacuate the citizens within Wall Sina. It would be drawn towards them, destroying the wall and all in its path. In the end, it would reach Mitras, with the greatest density of people... and deliver a devestating blow to humanity. On our way back, we attempted to use Eren Jäger's power to control Titans, but Rod Reiss' Titan showed no reaction.

Flashback 

While they were heading to Orvud District after the rescue of Eren and Historia, Eren holds his fist out where Titan moves.

Eren: Stop Titan! *Nothing happens* Hey, stop! I'm talking to you! Can't you hear me, idiot?! Rod Reiss, that means you! You tiny old man!

Ravus: Eren! Stop boxing with the air. You should realize that isn't working somehow on him.

Eren realizes it and looked shocked that it isn't working. That was not the only shocking reason. On Rod's Titan starts to come out black mist and white bones spreading out around the back. (Something like that on the Ursa Alpha)

Ravus: Oh crap. We should better hurry! He's too far away for my eyes!

Flashback ends

Erwin: If we are to stop that Titan, we must do so outside the walls of Orvud District. For that to happen, we must have the citizens act as bait. However this does not change the fact, that our first duty as soldiers is to protect the citizens. Supposing we're unable to halt the target, we'll take measures so that not a single citizen is killed. We'll announce an emergency evacuation drill for Orvud District, so that if needed, the citizens will be ready to evacuate at once.

Cartsen: It seems there's no other choice...

Erwin: The body of our target is the largest we've seen. As such, it presents an easy target. Wall-mounted cannons should prove highly effective, but... if that's not enough to bring it down... The Scout Regiment will throw everything we have at it.

Cartsen: What is with this markings on it's body? How do you plan to destroy that?

Erwin: We have Ravus Branwen. He knows what to do to destroy the bones.

After the meeting, Ravus goes with Hange to a room where no one else is near.

Ravus: Ready?

Hange: Yes.

Ravus: You know, what I give you will you not tell. Not even Moblit. I did the same with Levi too.

Hange: Huh? You did? When?

Ravus: After we freed Eren from these two bastards. Somehow I have the feeling that one day, something terrible will happen. *sighs* Nevermind. Do you want it now or not.

Hange: Yes, I want it. And I will tell it no one.

Ravus: Good. Now close your eyes and concentrate.

Hange: *confused* Alright? 

Ravus: *Holds Hange's forehead and closes his own eyes*  For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee.