Surprise, surprise

February 16

After school, I get to go over to Ellia's house for the first time ever. I haven't really been with anyone else but my family recently.

She's not her usual self. Her energy is kind of weighing me down, that's how bad it is. Ellia's house is gigantic and so elegant. Her bedroom is probably three times the size as my bed room but some people just live differently I guess.

"How's your shoulder?" She see's me stretching and comments.

"Getting better... Finally."

Elly slowly walks over to her dresser and grabs the Walgreens bag that's laying on it. I see the emotion in her face and when she pulls out the pregnancy test it all clicks for me.

"I'm going to take this and hope this doesn't turn out how I think it will. I'm not ready yet, Liana." Her face is red, I know my silence doesn't help but words don't exist to me right now.

It doesn't take her long to take the test. She practically runs out the bathroom after she washes her hands. She sits on her bed, playing with the fabric on her comforter.

"It's gonna be okay." I want to make her feel better but I know she's scared.

"He didn't have protection with him. I wanted to be safe but in the heat of the moment it just happened. He said it would be quick and nothing would happen. It was quick, I didn't think anything would actually happen because I trusted him." Ellia is crying but suddenly my nervousness for her turns to anger.

I want to tell her how dumb it was not to use protection and to let Edwin convince her that pulling out was a good idea. I am positive that her pregnancy test will be positive but my heart feels for her right now. She has so much going for her right now and life hasn't even really started yet.

"Can you please go look at it?" Elly can't even look at me.

I walk over to the bathroom, turning her way before I go in.

"Where are your parents?"

"Dad's at work and Mom's not really in my life. My grandmother from my mom's side is though. I don't know how they'd react if they knew I'm even having sex." She's full on crying now.

In the bathroom, which is in her room, there are three pregnancy test on the counter. My heart is beating like crazy, I actually feel like i'm going to throw up.

I take them in my hand and stop breathing for a second. Taking one in my hand, I go out where Ellia is.

"I know you've always wanted to be a mom, it's just happening earlier than you expected." I try not to sound scared but I am.

She sobs and I comfort.

It stays like this for about two hours before her dad comes back. She hears him at the front door and immediately cleans up her face. Ellia completely washed her face so there really wasn't a way to tell if she had been crying or not.

I finally meet her dad and she is a spitting image of him. Same hair, eyes, and nose.

"I feel like I know so much about you already. Nice to finally meet you, Liana." Mr. Grant, her dad, has a really deep voice.

"Yeah, nice to meet you." My body is shaking.

There are four people in this room and he has no idea. Ellia is scared out of her mind because her world is about to change. Her dad leaves us alone while he relaxes for a while before going out to do some yard work.

"How do I tell Edwin?" She starts to cry again.

"He should know already since he had the genius idea of no protection but whenever you're ready to tell him, do it." I don't mean to sound harsh but he has to be pretty incompetent if he thinks they would be in the clear.

She looks at me with an expression I've never seen on her before. I don't know how to deal with this situation. I've never had an experience like this at silverleaf prep, mainly because I never really had friends. Even when I was distancing myself from people, I never bothered to talk to anyone. I knew for a while that I was leaving and I focused on that and only that.

"Can you call the boys. I want them to know." Elly is laying on her side, arms around her stomach.

I nod my head and call. I get a hold of Jesse and Jordi. Myles is busy but he isn't as close to her as the other two.

"They're on the way. You don't have to do this alone. I know I just came but I'm here for you and this baby if that's what you want." I feel very uncomfortable but I'm trying.

We lay on her bed until we hear the doorbell ring. I am happy that she'll have her best friends here, maybe they can comfort her more than I can right now.

She sits up, waiting for her dad to let them in. I already know Jesse will freak out but now is not the time. Ellia is one bad stare from breaking down again. Her long, bright red hair is pulled into a high ponytail and her eyes are pretty puffy.

I hear Mr. Grant telling the boys to head up the stairs and to leave the door open. Typical dad, my dad would say the same thing but I think we're way passed keeping the door closed.

I open her door and I'm faced with Jesse and Jordi side by side.

"What happened?" Jesse breaks the silence.

They walk in to see a distraught Ellia on her bed. Jesse is in front of her while Jordi sits next to her. I don't know why but I feel like I should keep my distance. Even though they say we're friends I still feel restricted.

"I- I" She stutters.

Jordi looks at me but I quickly look away.

"Can you say it please." She's sobbing again but whispering this time because the door is open.

I hate that I have this responsibility to tell them but it's understandable.

"Well, there will be a new member added to your group really soon." I let out a puff of air.

Ellia chuckles for a second. "Correction, our group and you have a funny way of announcing these things you know."

I guess she's right, why just say it when you can spice it up a bit?

"What new member? What's going on?" Jesse becomes concerned.

Ellia looks at me again to explain thoroughly.

"The new member you'll meet in about nine months. Ellia is expecting."

"Expecting what?" Jesse hops up from the bed.

"Keep your voice down!" She snaps.

Jordi is actually speechless which is highly unlikely.

"A baby, what else could it possibly be?" I get a little annoyed.

"Ellia..." Jordi trails off.

I excuse myself from the room and head to the bathroom. It's been a crazy few hours, I can feel my body tensing up. As weird as it sounds, instead of using the bathroom, I stretch in there. It's huge and it feel so good. I haven't really moved much since I got here anyways.