Here for you

February 17

Mom let me stay over at Ellia's which was even more shocking. She and dad dropped off my clothes and even got to speak with her dad for a while. I couldn't sleep at all last night. It's hard sometimes for me to sleep in my own bed so to sleep in someone else's is even harder. I'm surprised Ellia slept through the night. I guess the little life inside of her is already making her tired.

"Are you okay?" She notices me staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah," I chuckle. "just thinking."

"So, this thing with Theo, what's happening with that?" She's hesitant but I don't mind.

"Um, I actually have no idea. My parents don't really mention any legal stuff to me. I know they are pressing charges, so that's good. I don't want to think about it though. I can just imagine the crap his mom and sister are saying about me. They're just as hateful and vindictive as he is."

She gives me a sympathetic look.

"We're all here for you. We won't let anyone from silverleaf hurt you. You have a whole town behind you, you know that? Everyone has been talking about it and I know that may not sound ideal but they've been sticking up for you. Some people have even reached out to your parents, offering to take care of your house while you were in the hospital. Even bringing over dinner so your parents wouldn't have to cook."

"Really? I just thought mom got those dinners from the store. How did you know?"

"I know a lot of people in this town and they know that we're friends."

I smile at those words.

"What?" She combs her hair.

"Friends. That word is so foreign to me but also is starting to feel familiar." I don't want to sound cheesy but I know I do.

"Awh, well I knew we would be friends since the first day you came, I just never thought you'd stay when you found out about the baby."

"First off, I literally just got tackled by a football player, I'm surprised you stayed. Second, through the hard times, you never desert someone. No matter what I've been through, you guys were patient with me and now that you have a little nugget inside of you, it's time to show you that I am not that girl from silverleaf prep, at all." I softly poke her belly.

She giggles.

"I never thought you were that girl and did you really call my baby a nugget?" She's smiling and that's all that matters.

"Your baby? Are you keeping it."

"I don't know for sure but it's looking like it. I know I'm young but I can't picture myself giving it up. I'll think about it longer but I feel like I have my answer already."

"I support you either way."

"Thanks, it happened a while before valentines. I suspected that I was pregnant ever since then but I was too afraid to check."

"How long before?"

"End of December. Edwin and I have been on and off since last year, more so off. I was worried about him getting me anything on valentines because of this. I don't think he's even aware but sooner or later he's gonna know."

"True, he's just as much in this as you are."

I just hope for the sake of Ellia and that baby, Edwin realizes this as well.

I was surprised that she kept this to herself for a whole month but I understand why she's so scared.