Warm & cozy

April 3rd

We've informed Jesse of the reveal and of course he wasn't the happiest but I don't really care, it's about Elly. He loves Ellia like she is his sister so I know he'd go no matter what.

In school, if I'm not with my "usual group" I guess you could say, I'm with Emily. She's probably one of the most genuine freshmen I've met. Most of the time, Lacey isn't with us anymore and I am kind of glad for that. She, on the other hand doesn't seem so genuine.

"You should come over after school. My mom really wants to meet you. I hope you don't mind but I told her that I had a new senior friend. I hope you're okay with me saying that." Her voice is soft.

"It's cool and I'd love to come. Let me just call my mom and let her know." She stops me before I could get my phone out.

"Invite her too, my mom would love to meet her as well. My dad isn't in the picture so it's just my mom and I. She's loves the extra company."

I know already mom would love that. She is very much a people person so, I know this'll be fun. After school, I drive home to drop off the car. Mom is still working on the house but she agreed to go with me to Emily's house.

I think it'll be good for her to talk to new people, other moms to be specific. I can see how my mom has changed. I know the thought of me being in so much pain keeps her up at night. I can hear movement through out the night. My door opens and closes a lot early in the morning, especially when this first started.

I change and mom gets ready before we head out in her car. We're pretty silent in the car, I think it's because I'm too busy thinking about how Ellia told her dad and grandmother about the baby. She also had her appointment today to get blood drawn to find out the gender. I'm eager to get back home so I can talk to her but I am so happy to be heading over to Emily's. I never had people over when I was in private school. Not intentionally at least but of course Theo always found his way over. I would go over to my "best friends" house and that was a total nightmare. She would talk crap about any and everyone, even family members who got on her nerves.

We get to the front of Emily's house and I immediately get a warm feeling. Mom looked pretty amazed as well, even though she didn't say it. Emily comes out before we are fully up the pathway and greets us. She introduces herself to my mother, which my mom always liked.

Inside, Emily's mom comes out of the kitchen and walks straight to us.

"Welcome to our home, I'm Shay." She shakes both of our hands.

"I'm Adelayne and this is my daughter Liana." We say hi.

We sit on the super soft couch and talk about whatever comes up in conversation. Her mom has been really open with us about how much she worries about Emily at school some times. Emily told me how it eased her moms mind when she told her she made another friend. I wonder if she was still at ease when she found out her daughters new friend was hospitalized a few months after she moved here because of an abuse incident. I am okay now which is all that matters but I don't want her to think I'm a bad person for her daughter to be hanging around.

I can tell my mom really likes Shay and I hope this new friendship is here to stay. After almost two hours of talking, Emily takes me on a tour of the rest of her house and we end up in her room eventually.

Her room is exactly how I would of imagined it to be, very Emily-like.

"It must be cool being a senior. I see you with your friends and I hope to have that some day." She speaks softly.

When she says this, I wonder if she meant she wants the constant fear of screwing up some pretty decent friendships that she's thankful to have. This is how I feel everyday. Even though my friends and I are in some pretty deep shit right now, there is still a part of me that is still in shock that I found genuine people.

"Trust me, you will. You just have to find the right people, it takes time."

Emily deserves to have people in her life who make her happy, she's too nice to deal with anything less.

When she's in the middle of talking and showing me her favorite things in her room, I see her glance at my left over bruises. I can feel her forming questions in her mind but she doesn't ask.

The looks don't bother me at all, I guess it's better than having everyone look at you funny because how awful you are.