Relax mode

Jesse's POV

March 30

In all of my life being in this town, it has never been so complicated than it is right now. Myles doesn't really hang out with us anymore, not that he talked much before. My best friend is pregnant and she's managing to keep it from everyone except Liana, Jordi, and I. It's been over a month since I found and I'm still in denial. Elly is one of the sweetest and most innocent people I've known.

I'm angry at her for doing this so early but I'm also pissed at Edwin for being such a dumb ass. I guess you can say I've been a lot more angrier lately. Ever since Liana got hurt by Theo, I couldn't help but to be mad at her either. She should have told me, I would have protected her. Theo wouldn't even gotten as far as he did and now this town is so rattled by this case.

Theo Elton is going on trial, I can tell Liana is afraid but I just don't know of what. He can't hurt her anymore and if there was someone else, I know she wouldn't tell me and I hate that. Liana Kaden keeps everything to herself. If you ask the right questions, she'll give you the answers you want but I don't know what to ask or how to ask it.

Jordi and I talk about her often, she carries herself like nothing really happened. Since Liana and Ellia have so much going on, I wonder if Jordi does too but I think he'd be the one to tell me if he did.

I can't think in my classes, I got called out in the two previous periods for not paying attention.

"Hey Jess, you going to Carters after school?" Benji calls from across the hall.

I answer him as I get closer.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there, just got to stop by my grandma's place first." On Fridays, there is almost always a party. Tonight, Jackson Carter is throwing a party. The football and track guys are pretty close, especially when everything happened with Liana. We were all ready to go after Theo, which we should have done.

-

It's almost nine and Jackson's house is booming. People everywhere with cups in their hands. I'm not going to sugarcoat the fact that I'm a little buzzed. I need to take a load off anyways, classes are starting to make me feel like I'm drowning. I haven't had a night to myself in so long, this is my night to hang with the boys and forget all of the crap that's happening for once. I don't usually drink so it is kind of unusual but it's just one night.

We sit around complaining about our classes and how cranky our coaches are. I almost let Ellia's pregnancy slip a few time but nothing I couldn't clean up. I mean, how long does she need to hide it from people? It's gonna show eventually and if my almost slip ups weren't a problem, Ellia's baby daddy is here too. Man, I wish I could get up and deck him right now. That's not who I am though, not even when I'm drunk.

It gets later and later in the night, this party is getting better by the minute. Everyone's laughing and having the time of their lives. A lot more girls have shown up from the high school in the last hour.

"Excuse me." I hear someone say behind me. I am in the middle of the walk way, I'm surprised she did push me out of the way.

"Oh sorry!" I say only to be met by Liana's brown eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I hate seeing her at a scene like this.

"Adalynn took something of mine by mistake and I really can't wait until Monday to get it back. So, she said I could get it from her here. Have you seen her?" She raises her voice over the music.

I look in the direction I last saw Adalynn. She's already looking at Liana, holding a small bottle.

"Hey, you came! I saw it on the bench, I didn't want to just leave it there." She hands the bottle back to her.

"Thanks, I freaked when I noticed they weren't in my bag." Liana speaks back.

They part ways and it's just Liana and I again.

"It's my vitamins, the only bottle I'm able to carry in school. I forgot it in the locker room earlier." She explains herself, not that I thought anything of it.

"You don't have to explain." I feel myself slurring my words.

"Wow, okay you're wasted." She looks me in my eyes.

"No, no. I can handle it."

"Absolutely not, give me your keys." Liana has her hand out.

"I'm good Kaden, seriously, Jackson said I could stay the night. A few of us are staying actually, so it's okay. Shouldn't you be home right now?"

"Don't worry about me. Give me your keys, I'll bring them back tomorrow, then I'll drive you home." She really won't back down.

"You're okay to drive?" I know I'm testing my limits but the alcohol is taking over.

"Like I said, don't worry about me. Keys!" I hand them over to her.

I guess I really was staying the night at Carters. I hadn't asked him but by the looks of the party, a lot of the guys were staying.

"You'll be back tomorrow, right?" I shout after her.

"That's the plan." She turns back around.

I lay off the alcohol for the rest of the night. The party is still going on by midnight but Jackson lets me crash in one of his guest rooms.

I don't remember anything after laying down, I was too tired to even care about the loud music. All I know is I'm definitely gonna feel like crap tomorrow morning.