Bows or arrows?

May 5th

This morning is a hectic one. I'm still laying in bed but so many things are on my mind. I opened the envelope with the gender of Ellia's baby two days ago and that's how long I went without seeing or speaking to my friends. I did that purpose so I wouldn't accidentally slip about the gender. I am still at home but not for long, I will be heading out soon to go help set up. This event will be small but still filled with love and happiness. Elly invited a few girls she's close with on the softball team. Besides us, her dad, grandmother and a few other family members will be there as well.

I get to dress up and I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited for that part. I get showered up and put on some sweats before I get dressed. My mom does the same thing when she gets ready for big events, she does everything else first and gets dressed last. I bought this really pretty white dress that I am so excited to wear. Everyone else will be wearing either blue or pink to represent what the think the baby will be, typical. I saw the cutest dusty pink dress that I couldn't resist. I bought that one too but I quickly realized that I couldn't wear it seeing as though I know the gender.

My parents know that I was going to Ellia's house today but they still don't know why. I have however talked about it with Ellia and she wants to talk to my parents with me. She wants to tell her story and have all lines of communication open with my parents. She doesn't want them to somehow tear us apart because she's a pregnant teen. I told her over and over that, that is the last thing that will happen. My parents are some of the most trusting people I know and with everything they've been through in their lives before me and each other, then with the whole Theo situation, they have an open mind when it comes to others.

I will be changing at the party so my dress won't be messed up while we're setting up. My hair and makeup are being done now which will save so much time. I don't usually wear much makeup and when I do I go for a natural look. The dress I'm wearing tonight stops right above my knees and is one that my ex would have not been happy with. For me, putting on makeup and doing my hair the way I want plus the dress that I really like, is so liberating. I could only wear certain dresses if it was for Theo in private. We didn't really do much besides kiss which is the one thing that I was happy about in that relationship. I have faint markings on my back but what's the point of hiding now?

I leave my curls out today and I am on my way out. I get to Ellia's house at about one this afternoon with three hours to set up. We're not going crazy with the decorations so that's why it won't take us long to set up. The food has been delivered and so has the adorable cake.

The boys are sitting on the front porch when I pull up.

"A little help with the decorations, please?" I call from the car and shoot them a smile.

Jesse is the first to jump and and Jordi slowly follows.

I decided to go with the big black balloon with the words "Oh baby" on it in really pretty writing. She'll pop it and confetti will come out revealing the gender. We went more basic because it's just as good as anything else. With the decorations, we decided to go with a white and gold theme for the most part. There are touches of pink and blue but not much.

"So Liana, are we getting a little Ellia or little Edwin?" Jordi questions and Jesse winces at the name of the father of Ellia's baby.

I'm not sure if he will be in attendance tonight but we'll find out sooner or later.

I give Jordi the "stop doing that look" because I'm not talking until we all know.

We enter the house together and you can definitely tell they've been making it perfect. The backyard already has the tables set up with the dj booth as well.

"Wow, you're freaking gorgeous." I hear Elly say from the stairs.

I smile. "You're literally glowing! And you look amazing in that dress." She's wearing the prettiest baby pink dress that fits her bump, her hair is straight and her makeup looks so natural.

"Thank you. I am a little nervous so I've been doing things to take my mind off of the reveal. Edwin and his parents is supposed to come too. I don't know where I am with him but he made it clear he wants to be involved. His parents made that clear too and their reactions were not something I even want to think about."

I cringe a little at the sound of Ellia saying Edwin and his parents are coming but it's for the baby and that's most important.

"I'm gonna go set up." Jesse starts taking the decorations outside. Jordi staying inside with Ellia and I make my way outside a little bit after Jesse leaves.

"Today's gonna be a fun day right?" I say to him from a far because I know why he left the room.

He turns towards me, "One can only hope."

-
An hour into the party and it's actually going pretty well. Everyone showed up, the music is going and the backyard looks amazing. It's a crowd of pink and blue and the games are a success. Edwin and his parents showed up and it's not as bad as I thought. Jesse stands next to or near me most of the time and we talk to each other or the people around us.

"Attention everyone, now is the time where we find out what this little bundle will be." I say to everyone.

Jordi brings the ballon in front of the crowd of people and Ellia stands next to it. I hand her a little needle so she can finally know what she's having. She makes a speech thanking everyone for coming and her dad and grandmother for sticking by her no matter what. She motions for Edwin to stand next to the balloon as well and I had him a needle too. It's only right, I mean it's his baby and no one can deny that even if we're not too fond of him.

Everyone counts down for prom five and before we know it pink confetti rains all over Ellia and Edwin. The look on her face is priceless and he looks surprised but happy. Everyone is cheering and hugging each other. Jordi comes and hugs me and Jesse soon follows.

The rest of the night consists of conversation and celebration. I'd say this reveal was a success and I'm so glad it was.