Chapter 40

Jazz

As I waited for Tati to come over, I watched reruns of True Blood on demand. I heard a knock on my door and got up and saw it was Tati through the peephole. I opened the door with an attitude and invited her in.

"Hey Baby" she smiled. I looked at her and rolled my eyes.

"Oh , I'm baby now ? Not too long ago I was nothing to you . Don't call me that ." I said.

I turned off my TV as she sat on my chair and put her phone on the table.

"Why you turned off the TV ?? " she asked.

"You're not here to fuckin chill Tati ! You wanted to talk so TALK ! I have shit to do" I said , beginning to get irritated.

"Damn girl , Relax . I wanted to come here and spend some time with you but if you wanna talk then fine . Jazz I fucked up ." She said.

"Tell me something I don't know" I answered.

"Look , I'm sorry I never told you about Nicole . To some point, I didn't think it would be important. I thought I was completely finished with her . When I met you at the bar, I instantly wanted you to be mine. We got together so quick in the beginning that I didn't even see if I was emotionally ready . I never got closure from the breakup with Nicole. I just got away from the situation and when she showed up asking to work things out, it confused the hell out of me. I just need some time with her that's all until she turned up pregnant" she said.

All I could do was look at her face and shook my head in disappointment.

"Ohh so the only reason why you're here is because your girl got pregnant on you !? Wait , & I'm supposed to be your last option & expecting me to take you back !" I,said as I got up . "You can go with that bullshit . If you thought coming here was gonna get me back then you might want to rethink your plan. It's gonna take a lot more than just I'm sorry to make things right. You out of everybody should know how it feels to walk in and see the person you're in love with having sex with someone else ! That shit cut deep Tati." I said trying not to cry.

She stood up and looked me in my eyes and said how sorry she was. I knew she was being sincere but that didn't make the pain go away. She wiped the tears from my eyes. "Baby I promise to do everything I can to get you back. Even if it takes forever because all I could think about was you after you walked out." She said.

"I Love You girl & I'm going to make you my wife. That's a Promise." She said , then she kissed me and walked out. I locked the door and slid down to the floor. "I Love you too" and began crying. I got up after 20 minutes and decided to call Shawnice.

An half an hour later, Shawnice showed up in her PJ's and some munchies. We talked about how things were going with Tiffany and how she found out there were more girls she tried talking. I guess at that point she was ready to give up.

"But tell me what's going on ! Why your eyes so red and puffy ?" She asked. I told her everything from meeting and sleeping with Diamond to Tati's visit right before she came.

"How do you feel ?" She asked worriedly.

"To some point, I was numb to it but seeing her really ripped me apart and I don't know how to get back from that. All I see when I look at her is betrayal, even when I know she's sorry for what she did" I cried.

"Do you still love her ? " Shawnice asked.

"Without a doubt" I said.

"If that's who you want to be with, you have to be willing to try working it out and see where it takes you. If you don't think it's worth it, then you should just let it go. It might be the hardest thing to do right now but in the long run, you'll be okay." she said. I knew she was right. At that moment, I made my decision.