Chapter 48

Jazz

I slipped on my tight navy blue dress and silver stilettos as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was a little excited to finally go out on a date with Tati since things have been going so well between us even though I don't get to see her a lot because of my classes. I walked to my bathroom and began applying my makeup from Sephora when I heard my phone buzz.

Meet me at my house by 8 -Tati

I smiled to myself as I thought about the things she could have planned. By the time I got on the road in my Benz , I noticed it was 30 minutes to 8 as Under by Pleasure P flowed through my speakers.

She opened the door and when I entered her house, I was so surprised that I started giggling. What I saw was so beautiful. I looked at her and we smiled at each other. The lights were dimmed low with rose petals leading to her dining room. She grabbed my hand and directed me to my chair and sat me down across from her. She went to the kitchen and brought out a nice meal for the both of us.

"For my princess" she said smiling as she placed my food out for me.
I couldn't help but smile cuz I knew she didn't know how to cook very well with her spoiled ass.
"This looks yummy. Who made it?" I asked.
"Haha , you got jokes. I made it. I used a cookbook but I think it turned out well" Tati said smiling as she sat down.
"Aww , you cooked for me?" I blushed.
"Anything for you beautiful."

As we sat down and ate, we talked about my school and everything else I've been up to.

"So I wanna take you on vacation on an island for a couple of days so we can have some alone time. What you think?" she asked.
"Um, yeah maybe. When do you want to go?" I asked.
"Let's go tomorrow!" I saw the excitement in her eyes and felt a little bad. "I have school Tati & I can't miss it especially now that I have my first exam coming up in two weeks"
"A couple of days won't hurt you baby & I told you that I will take care of you. I'll give you whatever you need." She said.

Although I like being treated and taken care of, being away from Tati showed me how much I depended on her and I didn't like that. Yes I always had money but so did my sister and she has a career & so does Diamond. They're so career driven and I used to just go by life with whatever Tati wanted to do. Spending time with my sister and specifically Diamond motivated me to do something.
"First , I have my own money & secondly, I don't want to miss school for a vacation. That can wait until I'm done with school." I said.
She looked disappointed. "That's four years Jazz! I support you and all but is that serious you can't miss a few days for a break?"
I was a little surprised. "Yes it is that serious to me and it doesn't sound like much support coming from you. You did all you wanted in school a few years ago so let me do mine while I have the chance!"
"Let's just enjoy the rest of our night okay? We can figure it out later" she said giving up.

The awkward silence grew and so did the tension. The night didn't go as I hoped for.