Confusion

As i walk into class, all heads turn to me.

'Adrien,' miss bustier says, 'care to explain why you are so late,'

'i was trying to get through the reporters, ma'am,'

'very well, go to your seat,'

chloe smiles at me and i ignore her completely as i sit in my seat next to Nino. i dont want her to get any wrong ideas, so it is best to avoid her completely.

As i slump down, Nino looks at me weirdly.

'Bro, what is wrong with you,' he whispers, 'you've been acting all depressed lately,'

i just shake my head in response. i wish i could tell him everything, but i just can't.

'so, as it said in the bulletin,' miss bustier says loudly, getting everyones attention, 'there is a school talent show on thursday, and i am expecting all of you to enter,'

she pauses and shoots a death stare as the class groans.

'all of you here are very talented, and i want every one of my pupils to attain their full potential and shine. you are all very different, and have different skills, so i would love to see all of you participate. it would be a shame to let such gift waste away in a classroom. this is really an opportunity for your big breaks,'

and like that, miss bustier had the whole class work on their entries for the entire morning.

MARINETTE POV

I am actually really excited for the talent show, as childish as it seems. As soon as miss bustier stops talking, Nino and Adrien turn round.  We greet both of them, and i can't help that Adrien has lost the spark in his eyes. He's been acting a bit strange lately, and it is killing me internally. What if it is because of all the rumours? He seems so lost, and i wish i could build up the courage to ask him if he is okay. i'm so confused. We used to have lots of moments, but maybe it was all in my head. A week ago i could say that we were getting closer, but all of a sudden he feels so distant.

So far away.

 He catches me staring, and gives me a strained smile. 

'what are you guys going to choose,' Nino grins at us.

'im not sure, tbh' alya and i say at the same time.

we look at each other and laugh.

'what about you, Adrien,' i say to the gorgeous yet gloomy blonde sat infront of me.

'I haven't really decided either,' comes the reply, 'i might just sing or something, i know it's a bit stereotypical,'

alya butts in, 'yeah, marinette you should sing too!'

i think for a second.

'yeah,thats a good idea, actually, its a good way to express yourself,' i say, 'you should dance though Alya. Your hiphop is incredible' i think back to when i saw Alya dancing to her favourite song.

'Alya can dance?' Nino says, suprised, ' i don't believe it,'

'well, you'll see on thursday,' she grins, and sneakily checks her phone, 'my mum's just texted me, she's got an email about the talent show,'

'yeah, all the parents got emailed because they are invited for free if their child enters,' Nino is also on his phone.

'ohh,' me and adrien say at the same time.

he looks at me as i turn beetroot, then looks away. 

Oh, Adrien, why do i love you so much? 

It is obvious he prefers Chloe over me, and i feel so helpless. He doesnt return my feelings and i need to accept it. i feel bad, because if i hadn't met Adrien, i'd be intrested in Chat Noir. Instead i push him away harshly and its starting to strain our friendship. 

I know how it feels to be rejected, so i intend to be more nicer around him on patrol tonight.