Grown Up

MARINETTE'S POV

i actually wake up on time, and Tikki is more surprised than me yesterday when i found out Adrien was following me.0.0

'I'm proud of you marinette, this is a huge achievement,' she pipes up.

'i know, but it feels so strange, what am i meant to do in this time?,'

'Your not used to it, but dont worry, i'm sure you'll find something,'

I look around my room absentmindedly and my eyes fall on my dresser. I decide that i'm going to wear a new look to school to match the sunny vibes i'm feeling. It is warm outside, which is slightly confusing as its only september, but i like it.

Whilst i  facetime alya, i pick out a plain white top. It's long sleeved and no longer in fashion, so i pull out my dressmaking scissors and cut off the sleeves and a few inches off the bottom, turning it into a crop top. I find a marble-print dress that no longer fits me, which is dissapointing as its probably my favourite dress of all time, but i cut along the waistline and most of the bottom by accident. i turns out to become a skirt that's quite short, but i really want to wear it, i just hope it doesn't break the dress code. I find a clutch to keep tikki in, and a necklace that Alya got me for my 10th birthday.

 I find a clutch to keep tikki in, and a necklace that Alya got me for my 10th birthday

I walk down the stairs as my mum calls my name. i can't believe the time has already flew. As i come into the kitchen, i wonder if she will approve of my new outfit.

She turns around and clasps her hands, 'my baby is all grown up,' 

My dad looks over and looks a little strange 'that neckline is a little low, dear why don't you wear your black blazer, and that skirt is..' As he is about to speak, my mum hops in.

'Oh Tom, she can't be a little girl forever,' My mum says,  smoothing my hair, which i've left loose.

my dad sighs, 'i guess it has to happen at some point, just be careful, marinette, i don't want any boys..'

Its my turn to cut him off as i know what he is going to say, 'of course, father, bye!' 

ADRIEN'S POV

I walk into school as usual, only setting off earlier to avoid being late like i was yesterday. I walk into class about 10 minutes early. Everyone are stood in their usual circles talking, the girls, the boys, and then there's Chloe and Sabrina.

I fist-bump the boys, and join he conversation. Nathaniel mumbles something about marinette, and a whole discussion sparks.

'damn, you can see so much skin, she may aswell have come into school in her underwear,' Max says.

Kim calls out, 'hey marinette, nice skirt! Gives us a good view, right boys' 

I follow everyone's eyes to marinette and i can feel my jaw drop open. All of a sudden, i've been exposed to this whole new side of her, from stalking her instagram and now this. it's like she's grown up all of a sudden.

And i think i like it.

She rolls her eyes, 'you wish,but nice try, kim,' 

she reminds me of ladybug.

He laughs and all of the boys turn back around. I do the same, but keep looking over my shoulder. Why did marinette remind me of ladybug?

Nino chuckles, 'Hey Adrien, this way,'

I turn back quickly. I already know what they are going to say, and i can't help but redden at the thought of it.

'He's blushing!' Ivan bellows, getting everyone's attention.

'Thats because Adrien, my friends, is whipped,' I'm going to kill Nino later.

'I am not,' I say, all of a sudden the classroom is so warm and i wriggle awkwardly.

'why are you red then?' 

'It's, ermm,' i rack my brains to come up with a cover-up, 'it's rosacea,'

'yeah right, adrienette, adrienette..' A chant is growing in the classroom, and i look at marinette, who is confused.

Alya whispers frantically in her ear, and her eyes widen as Alya joins the chant. She looks at me helplessly, and i raise my eyebrows before we roll our eyes simultaneously. 

'What is going on here?!' Miss Bustier's voice cuts through the chanting like a knife, 'Actually, don't answer that, all of you return to your seats at once,'

I join the others and walk up to my seat to see Alya smirking at me, 'Sit next to Marinette,'

Practically the whole class watches me sit next to mari and Kim says 'Get in, Adrien!'

The class laughs as miss bustier eventually tames them.

'sorry, mari, i don't know what's gotten into them,' i whisper to the silent girl sat besides me. 

'its no worries,' she gives a genuine smile, 'thanks for following me on instagram,'

'oh yeah, i didn't know you had so many followers, how many is it now,' 

'well, it was 3 million but now its 5 because ladybug and chat noir were commenting on my posts,'

'Really,' i  whisper-shout, 'that's so cool!'

'i know right!'

i can hear plagg's ugly laugh from inside my jacket, and for once i actually can relate.

If only she knew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

s