Ghost of You

ADRIEN'S POV

i just about to manage to arrive home a little before 5, thanks to the papparazi.

As i shut the door behind me, i'm just about to breathe out in relief when i see my father stood, arms crossed.

oh no, what have i done now.

'So, i recieved an email regarding a school talent show,' my father jumps straight into business without even greeting me.

What a great father!

'and i want you to participate to help bring awareness to my new music record signing company, so you will no longer have piano lessons this week in order to schedule rehearsals with your new bandmates,'

'im in a band,' i say, actually surprised that i actually get a rest off the dull piano lessons.

'yes, but only on probation. they will mentor you and you will bond with them so you will be ready for your entry for the show,'

great. so my dad is now letting me get 'prepared' by a band for the talent show, where i will be singing by my self. totally makes sense.

Well, at least i will actually have some company for a while. And more things to do when i'm sat in my room by myself for hours.

i think back to Marinette, and how she said that singing would be a good way to express yourself. That's actually a good idea, maybe songwriting will help me figure out what i'm going to do with the Ladybug situation. 

I sit infront of the piano and start writing.

As i brainstorm, i wonder. is it time to move on from Ladybug? should i give up on the dreams i had of moving in together, sharing a house, having children and a pet hamster? Should i forget of the time when i was akumatised and she kissed me with her red-lipstick-lips? 

Do i have the strength to give her up now? Will i be able to fade her down to a ghostly figure in my life?

Can i really throw away all those sleepless nights i've spent thinking about?

I manage to write down a song and run through it.

I hear a crash in the distance, and run to my window. 

Great. An akuma attack at this time will really help me to move on from ladybug. 

Well, at least i get to be Chat Noir, right?

MARINETTE'S POV

(LB and CN defeat the villain, bye bye little butterfly, miraculous ladybug, pound it, you know how it goes)

I remember how i was going to be nice to Chat Noir just as he is about to leave. 

'wait!,' i call, and he slides down his baton.

'are you okay?' I couldn't help but notice that Chat Noir didn't pun once the whole time we were fighting the akuma.

he looks distant.

first adrien, now chat noir. i feel as if i'm somehow responsible for everyone being in a mood, and it's really making me nervous now.

Why do i always have the worst luck? 

'yeah, im good,' Chat smiles weakly at me, 'you?'

i can't help but sigh, 'not the greatest,'

'how come?,' He moves towards me as we sit on the edge of the bridge looking down into the river.

'do you ever feel,' i decide to be honest with him, 'that you're different to everyone else?'

ADRIEN'S POV

Ladybug looks a bit sad, and i can't help but want to comfort her, so much about moving on.

'in what way?' i ask

'just, in the sense that you just can't connect with people, no matter how hard you try. it's kind of like, forcing the two negative ends of some magnets together. it just doesn't work, you know, both of you end up getting pushed away and you can't stop wondering what you did wrong,'

I listen and we both keep looking down into the Siene. For a moment, i realise that Ladybug is still a normal girl, and it seems as if we are going through the same thing.